Blank screen after the boot screen

joedurbak

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
My phone shows the motorola boot screen, and once that finishes, I end up with a blank screen. Also, if it does still show the time when I move it occasionally, and that same screen also shows that I have an email.
This is what I've tried so far:

If I hold down the power button, it still gives me the option to power off. I've tried that a few times, and it hasn't worked.

I held the power and volume buttons together and attempted to use "RESTART BOOTLOADER" , "RECOVER MODE", "FACTORY MODE"
Each if these resulted in the same experience of watching the boot screen, and obtaining a blank screen again, except for recover mode, which ended up showing me a picture of a dead android and the message "No command."

Any ideas on whats going on?

Last edited:

androidmantu

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Blank screen after the boot screen for MOTO E

Hi.. Suddenly my moto e screen went to blank. I tried rebooting by holding the power botton. Booting animations are coming or displaying correctly. However, am ended with the same blank screen with mild light at screen. I did recovery with clear cache partition, reset factory as well. Nothing works out. Could anyone suggest what should I do to get back the phone into normal. Thanks..

willowoz

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
G'day,

I've got exactly the same problem with my Moto G (2nd gen). I suspect either Marshmallow update or a corrupted (high quality!) SD card has done it. I've tried the built in reset, ie power plus volume down, with no luck. What is the external factory reset?

Thanks
Willow
Australia

1_TECHIE

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I replaced the battery thinking that the original battery wasn't strong enough to boot the phone up, but that was a waste of time but this has something to do with internal file corruption. I am trying to salvage a clients pictures stuck on this device. But no good news as of yet.:cool: