Storage Space Almost Gone

donfalco

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
I've been getting "Storage space running out" system notifications on my Moto E (2nd Gen) from Boost Mobile. I've moved as many apps to the SD card as it will allow. But there are still many apps (pre-installed) that the system will not allow me to move SD or delete. Most of these I never use and some I don't even know what the heck they're for. Is there any workaround to get rid of this bloatware shy of rooting the phone? If I were to root it, any risk that it would no longer connect to the Boost network? Thanks for any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! No, you have to root in order to delete bloatware. I'm afraid I don't know about being able to connect to Boost, although I would guess that you can still connect, as long as you don't delete some preinstalled app that is important for Boost.

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
I may have an answer for you. It worked great for my moto e and now every app I download goes to the sd card. You'll even be able to move some of the pre-installed apps to the card.Also all of your pictures, songs, etc...All you need is a PC and a usb connector and USB debugging enabled from Developers options. Then just follow these easy steps and let me know how it worked out. https://community.republicwireless.com/people/carlh/blog/2015/04/01/moto-e-make-the-most-of-your-phones-available-storage#jive_content_id_Set_the_SD_Card_to_be_the_Default_App_Storage_Location

DRonan24

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
I've been getting "Storage space running out" system notifications on my Moto E (2nd Gen) from Boost Mobile. I've moved as many apps to the SD card as it will allow. But there are still many apps (pre-installed) that the system will not allow me to move SD or delete.

Yes I do ran out of space first storage on my Moto E, so I did what anybody would do and I went and bought an 8 gig SD card... However when I got home and put it in the phone and mounted it I was shocked to discover only new apps you download can be moved pretty much 100% of the preinstalled apps cannot be moved by any means that I know of... However I think I'm going to try number three posters advice, might as well give it a shot... Wish me luck!

The real Annoying part is I still have it set for all new photos and videos to be safe on the card however I can't figure out how to move the old videos from the phone to the card. And I was really angry that I was only able to free up about 1 gig of memory.