Moto E5 Play Cases I Bought, Question About Phone Damage?

TechTimid

Jan 20, 2019
Visit site
Both my husband and I have the Moto E5 Play phones. I went to local stores and nobody seemed to carry cases for this phone. I ended up getting the only choice from BestBuy for my phone, an Incipio. The case if fine for me, I wasn't that picky, just wanted a case for my new phone.

My husband wanted a case that wasn't so slippery to hold, so I ordered him one from Amazon, a TinySaturn case. https://www.amazon.com/Tinysaturn-Y...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6450007

That case is fine, heavier and appears to be more durable and protective of the phone, but it fits so tight that it's hard to pry off the phone. The back of the phone separated and stayed in the case, it had to be forcefully removed and put back on the phone.

Today I tried the Amazon case on my phone, same thing happened due to the tight fit and harder material. I hope this isn't damaging the phones by removing the back cover like this.

I also bought some glass screen protectors from Omoton that I haven't put on the phones yet. I'm hoping that putting the cases on and off the phones with the protector on will not cause any issues or damage.

Anyone have this issue, any thoughts on this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The screen protectors, if you follow the instructions exactly, won't cause any damage - but fit them to the cases first. A lot of protector/case combinations result in the case interfering with the protector, basically lifting the protector off when you open the case.

As for the Tiny Saturn case, it looks okay for a rear-only case, but I prefer a complete case, like the Cuverware. I don't think they're as indestructible as an Otterbox, but they give the phone a lot more protection. (And include a screen protector. Granted, it's plastic, not glass [the L series - same price - is glass], but dropping a phone screen-down onto a hard pebble will break the screen protector anyway. It's basically meant to protect the screen from scratches and finger rub marks, which a plastic protector does just as well.) And they're only $2 more than the Tiny Saturn.

TechTimid

Jan 20, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Rukbat. Since I already have the TinySaturn case at home, I'll try and make it work, hopefully there won't be a problem <sigh>. We shouldn't have to remove the case once everything's on as far as I know, except to access the battery or if the screen protector breaks. Fingers crossed that the case fitting over the protector won't be an issue.

Omoton sent me an email saying that I should view their video and follow the directions. Does the way they do it make sense? Also, I've watched a couple of videos where they use clear tape to remove dust particles from the phone screen, is this a good idea?

TechTimid

Jan 20, 2019
Visit site
Just to update, I put on the screen protectors with no problem, worked very well and both cases fit just fine over the phones with the protectors in place. The TinySaturn case goes on easy, but I know it will be tight/hard to get off like it was before the protector, but I won't worry about that now, hopefully it won't have to be removed for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez