Edge plus at $700, good value?

Dagr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So I'm trying to upgrade my pixel 2. I'm not a huge fan of the waterfall sides ... But on the current sake for $700, the edge plus is basically the same price as a pixel 5... With way better hardware.

Worthy upgrade or look elsewhere / wait for black Friday deals?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Motorola really stepped up on the hardware for sure , but i would still pick a pixel over it , if your set on this device wait little bit longer see any Black Friday deals I'm sure lot phone manufacturers will have deals.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
So I'm trying to upgrade my pixel 2. I'm not a huge fan of the waterfall sides ... But on the current sake for $700, the edge plus is basically the same price as a pixel 5... With way better hardware.

Worthy upgrade or look elsewhere / wait for black Friday deals?

I would look elsewhere/wait for black friday deals. You can do better than the edge in that price range ;)

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, wait on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, especially if you're on Verizon although they treat their current customers like trash for promos (yes I realize they're willing to do more to get someone to switch).

Dagr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, waiting... Probably for a pixel 5, but I have to say that was a good deal. Sort of sorry I passed it up. The edge plus for 700 is back up to 1k now on the Motorola site. The phone was a lot more tempting to take a chance on at the 700 price point. Basically an edge plus for the price of an edge.

Dagr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth... pretty sure the $700 for an edge plus will be back for Black Friday at some point (it was apparently part of motorola's "leak" sale of intentionally previewing their BF prices).

Still want this phone the most of any of I've seen but am scared off by the screen issues (can't figure out if they have them sorted for new phones or not).

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have an Edge - not an Edge Plus (I'm on AT&T or would have indeed gone for the Edge Plus). My first one had the infamous screen issue, but my replacement has been stellar. Judging from the posts on Moto's own forum, they believe they have solved the screen issue. I've really put my replacement Edge through the paces with video meetings etc. and the screen has been perfect. It's a lot of phone for the money and with the better specs on the Plus, $700 is a great deal. I would just recommend being sure you can exchange it if something does come up - advice I'd give regardless of the model phone. You just never know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa