Only 3G at Moto G

oogait

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello fellows...

I got a Motorola G and im having problem using data.
I want to use only 3G, there is only option to use only 2g, there is a way to do this ?
Should not have the choice to only use 3g also?

Thank you

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello fellows...

I got a Motorola G and im having problem using data.
I want to use only 3G, there is only option to use only 2g, there is a way to do this ?
Should not have the choice to only use 3g also?

Thank you

Welcome to the forums.
3G can come in many names, HSPA, CDMA. Do you have either of those?

oogait

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
No one.

My mobile network options are:
Data enabled
Data Roaming
Access point names
Use only 2G network
Network operators

Thank you for answer.

ds43

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not an expert but think that if you do not select 'use only 2G' to limit access speed then your phone will automatically find/use the fastest network to get data - 3G where possible. If there is no 3G in a particular area you cannot force phone to connect to 3G

oogait

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm not an expert but think that if you do not select 'use only 2G' to limit access speed then your phone will automatically find/use the fastest network to get data - 3G where possible. If there is no 3G in a particular area you cannot force phone to connect to 3G

My last phone i was using the code *#*#4636#*#* and putting "WCDMA Only", in the same place that im trying to use ONLY 3G in my Moto G, but i didnt find the option yet.
I have read that they removed this code *#*#... from android 4.3.
The network oscillates between 3g and 2g, thats my problem, i need to use ONLY 3G cos 2g here is too slow.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

ok OP this is what u r looking for.... +100000000000000

sourabh chaki

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I am also facing the same problem. Not able to stream youtube video using 3g connection while at the same point using the same operator, samsung galaxy s is able to stream the video. Is this a common issue ? Any one has fixed it? My moto g is still in android 4.3.

Thanks.

MotoClive

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
:cool:
My last phone i was using the code *#*#4636#*#* and putting "WCDMA Only", in the same place that im trying to use ONLY 3G in my Moto G, but i didnt find the option yet.
I have read that they removed this code *#*#... from android 4.3.
The network oscillates between 3g and 2g, thats my problem, i need to use ONLY 3G cos 2g here is too slow.
It only changes to 2G when it cannot find a good 3G connection so that you at least have some connection. If you manage to set it only to use 3G then when it cannot find a 3G signal you will lose all connection. I think it better leave well alone as a slow connection is still faster than no connection..

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I m facing the same problem. I use da dual sim version in India.. Getting only 2g even after upgrade to Kitkat. Moto care guys are clueless.. *#*#4636#*#* isnt working.. m using sim 1 for net access..

Deb D Biswal

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Only SIM 2 gives 3G Access for now. Use SIM 2 & select Preferred Network Mode - 3G. I am also having the same situation. So, for now SIM 1 has 2G option default locked & not active for modification.