Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt the phone will sale for $100 especially on Verizon.

sent from my Powerful Moto G

Actually - I wouldn't doubt a $100 price. On Verizon prepaid, these are the smartphones it'll be up against -

Verizon Wireless Prepaid - Samsung Galaxy Legend No-Contract Cell Phone - Black
Sale: $89.99
Reg. Price: $99.99

Verizon Wireless Prepaid - Samsung Illusion No-Contract Mobile Phone - Platinum
Sale: $39.99
Reg. Price: $69.99

Verizon Wireless Prepaid - LG Optimus Exceed No-Contract Cell Phone - Black
$99.99
Original Price: $129.99

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Actually - I wouldn't doubt a $100 price. On Verizon prepaid, these are the smartphones it'll be up against -

Verizon Wireless Prepaid - Samsung Galaxy Legend No-Contract Cell Phone - Black
Sale: $89.99
Reg. Price: $99.99

Verizon Wireless Prepaid - Samsung Illusion No-Contract Mobile Phone - Platinum
Sale: $39.99
Reg. Price: $69.99

Verizon Wireless Prepaid - LG Optimus Exceed No-Contract Cell Phone - Black
$99.99
Original Price: $129.99

I doubt it because Motorola sales it $179 or $199...off contract. I don't see why Verizon would sale it for cheaper than Motorola....and not a few bucks cheaper but $100 cheaper.

I'll believe it when I actually see it..but what you're saying is only speculation based on other prepaid devices that Verizon has sold, which is cool.

I just don't see or understand Motorola reasoning if they did sale it for $100. In fact if they did, I'm sure there would be a lot of gsm customers pissed off and asking to be refunded $100.

Also the devices you listed is nowhere near the status of the Moto G. So the pricing for those devices could be fair. Which is why they're priced low like that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it because Motorola sales it $179 or $199...off contract. I don't see why Verizon would sale it for cheaper than Motorola....and not a few bucks cheaper but $100 cheaper.

I'll believe it when I actually see it..but what you're saying is only speculation based on other prepaid devices that Verizon has sold, which is cool.

I just don't see or understand Motorola reasoning if they did sale it for $100. In fact if they did, I'm sure there would be a lot of gsm customers pissed off and asking to be refunded $100.

Also the devices you listed is nowhere near the status of the Moto G. So the pricing for those devices could be fair. Which is why they're priced low like that.

The $100 could be a Best Buy sale price.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The $100 could be a Best Buy sale price.

I think Verizon is taking a loss on the G to compete against other cheap phones. its not like you can buy this phone and use it with other carriers.
They know that they can make the money back in just 2 months... If you think about it its a good thing for motorola

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think Verizon is taking a loss on the G to compete against other cheap phones. its not like you can buy this phone and use it with other carriers.
They know that they can make the money back in just 2 months... If you think about it its a good thing for motorola

Yep.

This is going to be a CDMA/1xRTT-only device pretty much locked to Verizon (and Page Plus?). It's not going to have any sort of GSM on it.

Hawnz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just went to Best Buy. They have them on the floor. Took one to the register, but they couldn't find a price.

In another thread, someone says sales start January 9.

Sent from my XT1034 using AC Forums mobile app

Jowiso

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep.

This is going to be a CDMA/1xRTT-only device pretty much locked to Verizon (and Page Plus?). It's not going to have any sort of GSM on it.

I'm interested in getting this for my girlfriend. She's on Verizon, but on a normal contract right now. Her phone was dropped and shattered, so she needs a new one off contract. Can I actually go to the store, buy this for $100, then she can activate it on her current contract plan? Or is this strictly a phone for no contract plans?

Also - will this only have 3G for Verizon? Thanks!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in getting this for my girlfriend. She's on Verizon, but on a normal contract right now. Her phone was dropped and shattered, so she needs a new one off contract. Can I actually go to the store, buy this for $100, then she can activate it on her current contract plan? Or is this strictly a phone for no contract plans?

Also - will this only have 3G for Verizon? Thanks!

It will only have 1xRTT and EVDO (3G) on Verizon.

IIRC, you can't buy and Verizon prepaid phone and use it on a post-paid line immediately. You used to be able too wayyyy back in the day - I did it when I went from a Motorola E815 to a RAZR V3c (model was actually V3cpp). I'm reading that it has to be activated for six months on prepaid in order to use it on post-paid.

Last edited:

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Was at Best Buy yesterday, they had the VZW Moto G out with a price tag of $99.99. Almost got one, but as I also ordered a Nexus 5 yesterday, I couldn't really afford it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Was at Best Buy yesterday, they had the VZW Moto G out with a price tag of $99.99. Almost got one, but as I also ordered a Nexus 5 yesterday, I couldn't really afford it.

Apparently there's a note not to sell it until the 9th.

Last edited:

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Because Verizon won't let you use a prepaid phone on their postpaid accounts until it has been in use on their prepaid plan for at least 6 months of continuous use, which means spending a minimum of $75. So really, if you want the phone to be able to use it on your postpaid account, it will cost you $175 AND you have to wait 6 months to use it, so you only save $4 but that $4 savings comes at the cost of waiting 6 months to use it on a post paid account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez