How to enable background Data On Moto G with Kitkat

MotoClive

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
:cool: Can anyone tell me how to enable background Data on my Moto G with KitKat. Every time I try to access the play store it keeps asking me to enable background data but I cannot find anywhere in settings to do this.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
:cool: Can anyone tell me how to enable background Data on my Moto G with KitKat. Every time I try to access the play store it keeps asking me to enable background data but I cannot find anywhere in settings to do this.

Hey there!

If you go to settings>data usage, click on the menu icon on the top right and see if "restrict background data" is checked. If so, un-check it. That should fix it. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

L Monteros

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I tried both--through settings and Google Play--and neither works. This restriction keeps me from sending and receiving Hangouts messages. I've checked the settings in Hangouts, and there's nothing about background data restrictions. I have also checked other apps. If there is any other way to keep the background data from automatically being restricted, I hope someone will explain. Thanks!

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I tried both--through settings and Google Play--and neither works. This restriction keeps me from sending and receiving Hangouts messages. I've checked the settings in Hangouts, and there's nothing about background data restrictions. I have also checked other apps. If there is any other way to keep the background data from automatically being restricted, I hope someone will explain. Thanks!

Did you try going to the Hangouts app through the mobile data settings screen? Scroll down on the Data Usage settings page until you see Hangouts then select it. You'll see an option for restricting background data for that app only.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana