Gmail & Play Music App problems

Ryan Veigas

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hiya, ever since the update to 5.0.2, we've been getting quite a lot of updates on the google apps (gmail & play music included). Ever since the recent updates, I've been facing really frustrating issues with both the above mentioned apps.

Gmail doesn't allow me to read new mails. I do get intimations that a new mail has popped in, but I cannot read those new unread mails. Every now and then I've to open gmail through the browser and only then I can read the unreads. This has become a real pain.

The play music app is another headache now. On many instances, it doesn't allow me to play music at all. I can browse through my collection on the app, but can't play a track. A temporary solution was to force stop the app and start it again, and I've had to do this on numerous occasions. Secondly the equaliser that they've provided really sucks. It isn't customisable at all and their presets suck big time. Thirdly, when I swipe the app away to close it, it has been swiped and its gone.. But the play music icon pops up in the notification bar, stating that the app is still running in the background. I've to bring down the notification bar and swipe the play music app there two twice-thrice for it to go away. This thing has become a nasty pest.

Any solutions to the above issues are openly welcome..

Posted via the Android Central App

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I think the gmail issue is a known issue. It's happening to me where it shows messages in my spam folder, but when I go into the folder, there's nothing there. Searching for it or going onto my laptop are the only ways I can see and delete the spam. I keep hoping they will fix it, but the update yesterday did not. It did work for an hour or so and then back to the same old.

Posted via the Android Central App