Why won't my MOTO G connect to wifi?

DinoME

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
MOTO G wont connect to wifi

This all started to happen post upgradation to Android L. Among one of the problems is that my phone now wont connect to my Home WiFI, although my laptop and two other phones are working perfectly. It shows a exclamation mark and eats up mobile data. A friend did some tinkering though, but still its not working. Please Help guys!!

DinoME

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: MOTO G wont connect to wifi

Thank you for your reply, i just received my phone from the service center few days back, (it had some power problem) hence i dont want to try wiping the cache for now, will keep it for last resort. For the other link that you provided, just wanted to ask if the same methods would work in android L also..? As I mentioned previously (before upgrading to android L) the phone worked seamlessly without any problems, and other devices that are connected to the same network work flawlessly too. Will try the things out and report back.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Wiping the cache partition doesn't erase any personal data--only temporary system data. It's completely safe and worth trying.

My tips in the guide mostly still apply to Lollipop. There are probably a few new things in Lollipop, and some things in the guide are probably a bit out of date if you're no longer using an older version.

DinoME

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site

I did not do anything, left the wifi on overnight so that in the morning would tinker with it, and now I see the exclamation mark is gone and wifi is working like a charm. It even installed all of the updates from play store automatically. Big Thanks!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Glad it's working! So it just fixed itself on its own, or did you try any of the tips in the guide?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38