S4 Won't Connect to Our WiFi

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Today, the S4 stopped connecting to our WiFi. Actually, the WiFi portion of settings says I'm connected, but the WiFi indicator shows no incoming or outgoing signals and nothing is logging on to the internet. We have multiple laptops, phones, and tablets here that are fully connected with full internet access. The S4 is the only device that will not connect to the internet.

Never had this happen with any (many other) devices. Thanks in advance for any help.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Any VPN or Adguard?
You try rebooting the router ?
One thing I forgot to mention was that this S4 has connected to the this router since new (years). That and the fact that six other devices continue to connect with no issues, I am leaning toward it being the problem. But I will restart the router and see if that changes anything.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not out of the question that a device could work fine on a router for a while, and then have issues. Rebooting the router is always the first thing to try.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
One thing I forgot to mention was that this S4 has connected to the this router since new (years). That and the fact that six other devices continue to connect with no issues, I am leaning toward it being the problem. But I will restart the router and see if that changes anything.
Ok keep vus posted

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I unplugged the router, waited ~30sec then plugged back in. No change. Luckily my Note 9 works fine as a hot spot. Is this weird or what. Still says it has a strong WiFi signal but no internet connection.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I unplugged the router, waited ~30sec then plugged back in. No change. Luckily my Note 9 works fine as a hot spot. Is this weird or what. Still says it has a strong WiFi signal but no internet connection.
If you can try your tablet on another good WiFi that way we know if need to check on tablet or if it is your WiFi at home

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Did you also look through my guide that I shared previously?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz