How do I change the read only access to my sd card in Moto G3?

A

AC Question

how do i change the read only access to my sd card in moto g3?

i have a 8 gb memory card

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: how do i change the read only access to my sd card in moto g3?

Hi, look for the facility to format the card or have a look at the actual SD card, sometimes they have a small switch / latch that changes it from read only.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Full size SD cards have a read-only switch, microSD cards don't.

Since KitKat, only root or an app that owns a folder can write to it, so if you're trying to use one app to write to another app's folder, it won't work. (That's how Linux works and, since KitKat, the card has been considered part of the Linux file system.)

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Full size SD cards have a read-only switch, microSD cards don't.

Since KitKat, only root or an app that owns a folder can write to it, so if you're trying to use one app to write to another app's folder, it won't work. (That's how Linux works and, since KitKat, the card has been considered part of the Linux file system.)
That's odd... I can read and write my microSD card just fine with ES File Explorer, no root.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

So back to the OPs question... the first thing I would do is reformat the card, if that fail in the cart still shows read only I would try a different card. I have seen a few people mention here and there that the Moto G does not like some older Micro SD card

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty