6.0 Marshmallow: Europe (XT1541) roll out

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Google music downloads to my internal storage just checked, I use Spotify and downloads go to SD card, Wi-Fi is same as lollipop camera is auto focus working as should, browsing in chrome is working as should or as fast as connection is so far I've not had any major problems

so just Play Music not downloading to SD Card and downloading to internal storage instead (and Google not fixing it)... ok, basically same issue as the 6.0 build distributed last month in Spain.

ecksmc

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
so just Play Music not downloading to SD Card and downloading to internal storage instead (and Google not fixing it)... ok, basically same issue as the 6.0 build distributed last month in Spain.
Yip seems that way I'm sure I read this happened with all updates to 6 or that only people were complaining about Google music not downloading to SD card I've not read anywhere that anyone has been able to download music to SD card maybe a fix in future updates

Powermyster

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
No info yet however seeing as India and the USA has a thread we should have one too. I will update this when info becomes available.

Posted via the Android Central App

I got the update today, no problems so far. I'm in Ireland and I've got the XT1541 1gb model (obviously). My carrier is METEOR.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I cannot move my apps from internal to sd card after doing this system update..........
Correct, that is not supported in Marshmallow with the SD card as portable storage, you must format it as adopted (internal) storage to have apps on the SD card.

BTW, this is an Android thing, not a Moto thing... Android will likely never support moving apps to SD when the storage is external/portable ever again.

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Correct, that is not supported in Marshmallow with the SD card as portable storage, you must format it as adopted (internal) storage to have apps on the SD card.

BTW, this is an Android thing, not a Moto thing... Android will likely never support moving apps to SD when the storage is external/portable ever again.

and hopefully there's no more 8 GB ROM devices !

qruczlevy

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Last week I got my note about the System Upgrade, however I was on the streer with low battery, thought that I will do at work on wifi, so clicked "No, Maybe Later". I was noted that I can do it again from Settings...
However since then System updates tells that "Your device's software is up to date." :(
Is there any idea how I can force it again? Or how much time do I have to wait?

Br, Levi

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Last week I got my note about the System Upgrade, however I was on the streer with low battery, thought that I will do at work on wifi, so clicked "No, Maybe Later". I was noted that I can do it again from Settings...
However since then System updates tells that "Your device's software is up to date." :(
Is there any idea how I can force it again? Or how much time do I have to wait?

Br, Levi

Hi Levi, welcome to the forums! Just wait a couple of days until your phone is included in the next update batch. No need to worry.

qruczlevy

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Thank you. So It means that dont click"Maybe Later", because this is the only opportunity to install it? So cant postponed even with a few hours? (of course I know we could install the image from PC, however I'd stick with this simple solution because of the installed software as well)

Sotiris021

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Problem or bug

Hello,
This days that i uptade messenger or any other app it auto deletes its files...
Has anyone got this problem or know the solution??

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem or bug

Yea i have it as adoptable

well in 5.1.1 apps installed in the SD Card would be installed back to internal memory when updated and you needed to switch them again to the SD Card. It seems you're suffering the same issue in Marshmallow (not a bug) and maybe you just need to manually set them to install in the "adoptable" storage every time they update, if this does not solve your problem then it's your SD Card acting up (or even Marshmallow) and you should try a different card. UHS-I grade and class 10 speed are the specs you're looking for since Motorola Moto G 2015 hardware can't take advantage of faster cards than those.

good luck !

Sotiris021

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
well in 5.1.1 apps installed in the SD Card would be installed back to internal memory when updated and you needed to switch them again to the SD Card. It seems you're suffering the same issue in Marshmallow (not a bug) and maybe you just need to manually set them to install in the "adoptable" storage every time they update, if this does not solve your problem then it's your SD Card acting up (or even Marshmallow) and you should try a different card. UHS-I grade and class 10 speed are the specs you're looking for since Motorola Moto G 2015 hardware can't take advantage of faster cards than those.

good luck !

Thanks! I will try it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty