Moto G 3rd Gen VERY slow - again and again...

monkeysmate

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I have recently switched from a 1st Gen to a 3rd Gen.

Initially the phone was quick, and then over a few days, it slows to a virtual standstill... I cleared the cache partition, which sped it up again, but then it slowed over a few days, so i cleared the cache partition, and it's better again....

What's going on that means that I have to clear the cache partition every week???

Any ideas?
Thank you

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have recently switched from a 1st Gen to a 3rd Gen.

Initially the phone was quick, and then over a few days, it slows to a virtual standstill... I cleared the cache partition, which sped it up again, but then it slowed over a few days, so i cleared the cache partition, and it's better again....

What's going on that means that I have to clear the cache partition every week???

Any ideas?
Thank you
Did this just start happening or since you purchased the 3rd Gen Moto? What I would suggest is a factory reset (backup before hand) and see if the problem continues after some use. If it does, see if you can tie it to a particular app or service. It could be something installed that creating this issue.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree with srkmagnus. The Moto G is not a slow phone at all, so it could be some app going wild. Are you using any Task killer or RAM manager app? If so, uninstall it and see if it makes a difference. Also, check your battery stats and memory settings and see if there's an app using an unusual high percentage.