Cannot hear my voice through handsfree headset

Kris100

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have just bought a Moto G phone, but when I make a call using a hands free headset, it doesn't play my voice back through the headset, which makes phone convesations very hard because I am using a pair of Sony in ear type headphones with a mic which leaves my voice very muffled. Does anyone know how I can change it so that when I make a hands free headset call, I can hear my spoken voice through the headphones at the same time? Thanks

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have just bought a Moto G phone, but when I make a call using a hands free headset, it doesn't play my voice back through the headset, which makes phone convesations very hard because I am using a pair of Sony in ear type headphones with a mic which leaves my voice very muffled. Does anyone know how I can change it so that when I make a hands free headset call, I can hear my spoken voice through the headphones at the same time? Thanks
I am not really sure exactly what setup you are referring to... are you saying that you are using a Bluetooth headset, a wired headset with a mic built in, or a set of wired headphones and the speakerphone function of the phone (audio to headphones, mic in phone)?

Each one is handled a little differently, but in some ways it is not relevant What you are referring to is called sidetone, and it is something that is rapidly disappearing in cellphones, for multiple reasons, but largely to reduce codec overhead and lower the processing power needed to handle audio... in older telephones it was an analog side effect, but in modern digital devices it has to be re-created and that required processing power to encode the audio, process it, and then send one stream to the far end and one stream back to be turned back into analog signals for your ears.