Intermittent problem: The other party cannot hear my voice.

nicksmagpie

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
Hi...ist post.....Got a Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-19195....recently.....some times if somebody if I get a call...the other party cant hear me....I hear them.....dont happen every time.....

Same if I ring somebody.

Recently....and I dont know if my fault was before or after....I uninstalled S-voice from my list of app......could that be to do with my problem.

Nick in the UK.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Turn off the phone.
Hold down Up Volume, Bixby Button and Power Button simultaneously.
A dos looking menu should pop up with Clear Cache as an option.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that phone is a real blast from the past! 😁

Really old phones like that can have more problems with network band support, since they were more likely to be intended for only certain carriers or certain regions. What carrier are you currently on? You can see the supported bands for that phone on this page: https://www.phonemore.com/specs/samsung/galaxy-s4-mini/lte-gt-i9195-8gb/. Cross-reference that with the 4G bands your carrier supports. If there's minimal overlap, that could lead to generally worse reception.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

nicksmagpie

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
Wow, that phone is a real blast from the past! 😁

Really old phones like that can have more problems with network band support, since they were more likely to be intended for only certain carriers or certain regions. What carrier are you currently on? You can see the supported bands for that phone on this page: https://www.phonemore.com/specs/samsung/galaxy-s4-mini/lte-gt-i9195-8gb/. Cross-reference that with the 4G bands your carrier supports. If there's minimal overlap, that could lead to generally worse reception.
I get good strong reception......only prob....my phones mic sometimes apears not to work.

nicksmagpie

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
Turn off the phone.
Hold down Up Volume, Bixby Button and Power Button simultaneously.
A dos looking menu should pop up with Clear Cache as an option.
Ok thanks for that....I get 6 choices.

Re-boot now....Apply update from ADB....Wipe Factory Data Reset....Wipe Cache Partition....Apply update from Cache.

I can only imagine its the first choice reboot System Now.....but I will hang fine on that till I am sure??

nicksmagpie

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
Ok error msg gone....when I go into reboot screen....there is a red triangle with this symbol in it !....its sat on the green android I suppose it is.

Anyway I will see how the phone behaves over the next day or so and repot back.....I am not a big phone user....

Thank you so much guys for your help so far.

I do hope my phone it ok....just invested in a long life battery....quite fat compared to the std battery.....comes with a replacement back cover as the old cover wont fit with the new battery....on 4th day now without needing to charge...still one 48% battery.

Old one could not make it through the day.

Reactions: tismydroid

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok error msg gone....when I go into reboot screen....there is a red triangle with this symbol in it !....its sat on the green android I suppose it is.

Anyway I will see how the phone behaves over the next day or so and repot back.....I am not a big phone user....

Thank you so much guys for your help so far.

I do hope my phone it ok....just invested in a long life battery....quite fat compared to the std battery.....comes with a replacement back cover as the old cover wont fit with the new battery....on 4th day now without needing to charge...still one 48% battery.

Old one could not make it through the day.
Since the device is almost 11 years old, you're probably better off saving towards a current device rather than spending more on it.

nicksmagpie

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
Since the device is almost 11 years old, you're probably better off saving towards a current device rather than spending more on it.
But its a perfect phone for me....simple...I dont use a phone for the internet.....not bulky in my pocket.

I can send texts...take good pictures...I can go on line if I need to.

I know I am behind the times but honest.,..its suits me and me needs.

I know its 4g....and one day 4 g wont work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000