Woke up this morning and...

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Woke up this morning and found my Moto G downloading the KitKat update by itself.
I got the notification about the KitKat update last night but told it not to download and remind me later, but for whatever reason my Moto G was so desperate to feel the four fingers of KitKat inside her that she automatically started to download it...I thought it was supposed to remind me first ?
When I noticed it was pretty much downloaded, so I let it finish and then it started pestering me about installing it...So I gave in and let her have it.
So now I've got KitKat 4.4.2 running on my Moto G.
The most obvious change is that my icons at the top of my home screen are now white instead of baby blue, which looks a touch bland but I'll get used to it no doubt.
The settings icon inside the app drawer is different, in the lock screen I can still swipe right to get to the camera but left swipe does nothing now, before it gave an option to add a widget there...I think it's moved that option elsewhere.
I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever in speed, the only real way to test that would be side by side with a Jellybean Moto G...but I've only got one ?
Anyways...seems to be working fine, only thing I've seen is slight judder when scrolling through bookmarks in Chrome, nothing else yet.

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Woke up this morning and found my Moto G downloading the KitKat update by itself.
I got the notification about the KitKat update last night but told it not to download and remind me later, but for whatever reason my Moto G was so desperate to feel the four fingers of KitKat inside her that she automatically started to download it...I thought it was supposed to remind me first ?
When I noticed it was pretty much downloaded, so I let it finish and then it started pestering me about installing it...So I gave in and let her have it.
So now I've got KitKat 4.4.2 running on my Moto G.
The most obvious change is that my icons at the top of my home screen are now white instead of baby blue, which looks a touch bland but I'll get used to it no doubt.
The settings icon inside the app drawer is different, in the lock screen I can still swipe right to get to the camera but left swipe does nothing now, before it gave an option to add a widget there...I think it's moved that option elsewhere.
I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever in speed, the only real way to test that would be side by side with a Jellybean Moto G...but I've only got one ?
Anyways...seems to be working fine, only thing I've seen is slight judder when scrolling through bookmarks in Chrome, nothing else yet.

Lock screen widgets has been disabled by default on KitKat. to enable it got to Setings-->security-->check "Enable Widgets"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo