Thinking of buying three ... how is everyone liking them?

decraig2000

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
So my wife's Samsung S5 is four years old and she would like a new phone. Both of my daughters have Moto G4's and are starting to have battery issues after two years. I've got a Moto Z Play that is still rocking and in general I've had great luck with my various Moto phones. With the current pricing on the G6 and since I am on Verizon (no contract and want to keep it that way), I am thinking of picking up three new G6 phones for the women in my life. They all seem to be on board with it. I read nothing but good reviews on the phone. None of my ladies will be power users. My wife makes calls, texts, manages her calendar, etc. My daughters text, Snap Chat, Facebook, etc ... no heavy lifting though.

So given that, how are people liking this phone? Pros and or cons ...

decraig2000

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Well seeing how none of us in our family have ever used Google pay or even know what NFC is ... I think the phones are going to be just fine. The three phones arrived last week, I chopped their sim cards, and fired up the phones and they all work just fine. They seem to be good phones that do everything that my ladies need them to do.

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm still toying with the idea of getting one. My Moto Z Play Droid has a weakening battery and I want something inexpensive.

My wife has the G6 on Verizon and seems to like it.

Trevin K

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with it. It strikes the right balance of price and flagship touches. The MKBHD review I thought summed it up pretty well. Haven't really had anything that I couldn't do with it, and that's what I like about it. It's a $200 phone that does everything I need.

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered a G6 for my Mum as an upgrade to the worn out Obama feature phone she has. The sale seemed good and I'm very pleased with my Moto X4. I didn't consider the G6 for myself due to no nfc but mum will likely not miss that feature. I'm going to add it to my TMO prepaid account.

Hopefully it will be a good device for her and get her in to the 21st century with the rest of the family.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I've only had mine a few days and had a z play droid. It does slow down some at times like the play but expected that. Maybe some setting I had as it seems better since I changed some and some apps seem to act weird but figure it's the app.

Other than that for a phone in the price range it's fine so far. But again haven't had it long to test everything.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Moto just announced the G7, but that's still missing NFC in the US, I believe. Congratulations on your new G6. My wife loves hers.

shortnugly

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Had mine for 3 months. Bought it at Costco, $199 with an extra $40 off.

Previous phone was a Droid Turbo with a massive battery life span.

This new Moto G6 at $160 is a killer deal.

Super battery life, (my priority), reasonable performance on most apps. No NFC, don't care. Very satisfied. Moto continues to grab a big chunk of the phone market for us mere mortals.

Paying over $600 for a phone is just stupid.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Had mine for 3 months. Bought it at Costco, $199 with an extra $40 off.

Previous phone was a Droid Turbo with a massive battery life span.

This new Moto G6 at $160 is a killer deal.

Super battery life, (my priority), reasonable performance on most apps. No NFC, don't care. Very satisfied. Moto continues to grab a big chunk of the phone market for us mere mortals.

Paying over $600 for a phone is just stupid.
Have to agree after having mine for awhile longer now.