Kinda messed up the phone trying to root it

lcfc_foxes

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I am very new to rooting, and to be honest should of learnt about what I was doing before going into it. I just wanted to root to fix the spinning from the wireless x360 controller. (Idk if I am in the right forum but I am new here). So I followed this tutorial that someone posted onto the internet (https://motog3.com/root-moto-g4-moto-g4-plus). Another issue I caused for myself was me not backing anything up after going through with the procedure.

So I followed the steps they gave me and all was good, until I started using this tool called TWRP. It seemed fine (I booted it not flashed it).I then try to install SuperSU, it says it successfully installed, so I restarted my g4 (just to see if anything changed at all) only to be greeted to a lot of issues (I know it factory reset but I was warned of that), WiFi wouldn't turn on (Mac IP address was stuck at 02:00:00:00:00:00), bluetooth etc. Another issue appeared, where SuperSU said that there was no binary installed.

I only recently got the phone (in last couple of weeks) and I don't want to waste any more money. If somebody could show me how to resolve these issues in an understandable way.

Thanks.

lcfc_foxes

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Kinda messed up the phone...

Just something to add, Other people who used this method also had the same issues as I had... I tried to fix it using another tutorial, but "adb shell" has some kind of issue where the server version isn't the same as the client version (which I assume is the device). I can supply screenshots of everything if that is needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch