Moto G5 Plus updates

Bonovox72

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I know this has been asked before but I am struggling to find answers. I have a Moto G5 Plus UK sim free model and it's been performing fantastic no issues at all. But for the life of me I cannot understand why it is still on January security patch. I have read that since then a new update has been released in May with new security patch and some bug fixes. But everyday I check for updates and nothing. Why?? It is now July 14th and I still have not got this May update. Or am I missing something?? Please someone if you can give me an answer?? My build number is NPN25.137-33 which I believe is NOT latest update. So far I have not really noticed any bugs like the purple haze in lowlight on the camera or audio issue in video recording others have stated.

Thanks

Sean ;)

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I know this has been asked before but I am struggling to find answers. I have a Moto G5 Plus UK sim free model and it's been performing fantastic no issues at all. But for the life of me I cannot understand why it is still on January security patch. I have read that since then a new update has been released in May with new security patch and some bug fixes. But everyday I check for updates and nothing. Why?? It is now July 14th and I still have not got this May update. Or am I missing something?? Please someone if you can give me an answer?? My build number is NPN25.137-33 which I believe is NOT latest update. So far I have not really noticed any bugs like the purple haze in lowlight on the camera or audio issue in video recording others have stated.

Thanks

Sean ;)
I have not seen any update in the US either. I bought the G5 Plus 64GB within the first 2 weeks of was out no updates

bennor3814

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
I have not seen any update in the US either. I bought the G5 Plus 64GB within the first 2 weeks of was out no updates
If your in the US, power down the phone, remove the sim card, then power the phone back up and see if it prompts for an update once it boots up.

I'm on the Verizon network and the sim card removal trick worked for me on my G5 Plus 64GB version.

Build number: NPNS25.137-35-5
Android Security patch level: May 1, 2017

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
My G5 Plus (international version, bought in UK last week, 3GB/32GB) is still on the January security patch. I checked just now and got the 'Your software is up-to-date' message.

One problem is that there are now so many different Motorola phones (C, E, G, X and Z current ranges and predecessors, with several models and regional variations in each range) that Lenovo is probably not willing to put in the resources for software updates. When I bought my first G-series phone Motorola was owned by Google, who did provide regular updates, but once the company was sold to Lenovo that changed.

Lenovo's phones are still good value and don't have a lot of bloatware. I've decided to regard any O/S updates at all as a bonus and not worry about them. I'd be annoyed, though, if Google stopped updating my Pixel C tablet.

Bob in NC

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
I tried the power down/sim removal trick but it didn't work for me.

My US AT&T/Cricket Moto G5 Plus says its up-to-date, even though it still has the January security patch.

Still have time to return my new G5 Plus, which I love, but I'm curious to see what the new model coming out offers.