Will a European G5 work in the U.S.?

DesertTwang

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, my father-in-law lives in Germany and comes to visit in a couple of months. He recently bought a Motorola G5 (a phone which I know nothing about). We are trying to find out whether he will be able to use it here in the U.S. Does anyone know? The phone is unlocked in case that matters.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, my father-in-law lives in Germany and comes to visit in a couple of months. He recently bought a Motorola G5 (a phone which I know nothing about). We are trying to find out whether he will be able to use it here in the U.S. Does anyone know? The phone is unlocked.
Yes... 3G/HSPA at least, LTE would vary based on carrier and area, there is some overlap there.

BGdroid

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a G5 dual sim euro model here in Minneapolis MN for about 3 weeks now, using Consumer Cellular as provider. They are using the Tmobile network here, and I am getting LTE pretty much everywhere. Tmobile and ATT are GSM networks as I understand it. Really like this phone, power management seems much better that my former LG Nexus 5. He'll probably have to buy a sim card from one of the US carriers.