Gallery Suggestions

Bunky67

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a G6 and I see there is no gallery, I want to be able to post some of my saved pictures in my photos to places like Facebook.

I'm told that I need to get a gallery app so I can make this happen.

Anyone have any suggestions? I see there are several options. But most with ads, I don't mind paying to remove the ads

Just looking for a basic gallery app

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Didn't it come with Google Photos installed? Photos is the stock Android "Gallery" app. My buddies G6 has the Photos app on it. Moto stopped developing their own Gallery app and uses the stock Android Photos app.

But if you want something with more options than Photos there are hundreds of gallery apps on the Play Store, some free and some cost a few bucks.

Bunky67

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes it did come with Google photos, but Facebook doesn't allow me to view the Google photos to access the photos to post on Facebook.

Is there something in the settings I'm missing?

I have looked at the Google play store, and as I stated there is many choices with ads and negative reviews. I'm looking for suggestions on which one others prefer

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I have used an app called Gallery KK for years now. It's based on the old Moto KitKat gallery app (hence the name). It's free to use, with a few ads. But I liked it so much I paid for the ad free version and have it on my phone, wife's phone and kids phones. It cost me a few bucks to pay for all four, but it's a nice gallery app with all the customization features we want (crop, draw, recolor, etc.) And it's simple & intuitive.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
And the Facebook app might be missing a Permission, something related to "storage" or something like that.

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Yeah there is definitely a permission not allowed that needs to be. The Face book app creates its own camera roll when it has permission to photos on the phone and SD card. My Moto X4 is set up the same with Google photos and I didn't need anything other app to make Facebook able to access photos on the device.
And the Facebook app might be missing a Permission, something related to "storage" or something like that.