16gb option tips

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So I had to order the 16gb X, is was the only one that AT&T had via phone and the only way I could get it without paying outright was via, you guessed it, phone. I was wondering how the folks on here deal with limited storage. I have about 3gb worth of photos and about 4gb worth of music but obviously the cloud works to alleviate that. I am just wondering how the cloud works for you guys. What apps work best for each situation and information like that would be good. Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Upload all your music to Google music and you can stream it. You can also save some to the device if needed offline.

Posted via Android Central App

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My issue with Google Music is that the quality seems to be having issues. I get really compressed sounding music sometimes. Anyone have a work around? This seems to only be prevalent on the music that I stream using All-Access

rockets95

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Google Play Music allows you to 'Pin' music to your device, so you can pick and choose which music you want to keep to save on storage. The rest you can stream. I've always been spoiled with SD card storage on prior devices, so I plan on using this to limit my music storage.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
My issue with Google Music is that the quality seems to be having issues. I get really compressed sounding music sometimes. Anyone have a work around? This seems to only be prevalent on the music that I stream using All-Access

Do you have trouble with LTE connectivity where you live? Are you on WiFi?

To clarify, I was talking about the app that allows you to sync your computer's music folders and stream it from your phone. The buffer time can suck if you're in an area with bad service, but the quality is always native to the file.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Do you have trouble with LTE connectivity where you live? Are you on WiFi?

To clarify, I was talking about the app that allows you to sync your computer's music folders and stream it from your phone. The buffer time can suck if you're in an area with bad service, but the quality is always native to the file.

I have issues with the music that is on the streaming service that I don't otherwise have on my computer or phone.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And in all situations. I have full LTE most of the time and rarely do I listen to music on WiFi because I'm usually driving or at the gym.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Google Drive (files and shared documents)
G+ (photos and videos)
Google Play Music (I'm sure you can guess)

+1
This is how I have mine set up as well. But, I also use Dropbox for non-Google files that I want to share. That is more out of old habit than it being better than Drive.

I love that the photos I take with my phone are automatically sent to G+. I never worry about losing anything important on my phone.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It is set to high and it still comes out pretty bad. I read the update messed it up but idk if it is my One or all phones. Maybe when I get my X I will notice a difference. We shall see tonight when it comes in the mail.

On a lighter note, the X I ordered is coming today! I found it peculiar that the FedEx delivery time estimated is 8pm. I didn't know they delivered that late!

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I use Android mp3 for my music. 250,000 songs for $25 per year.

G+ automatically backs up all my photos, plus I have access to Google Drive, box.net, Dropbox, and AT&T's backup service.

I've been using 16 gigabyte devices for the last year, and have not run into any issues about storage.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87