AT&T FoxFi or other Tethering solution on unlimited data plan

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: FoxFi or other Tethering solution

Are you just using the one from the play store? Foxfi or pdanet? Could you post a link?

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-

+1. Note that others have said it works with AT&T as well, just not for those of us with unlimited data plans.

I have 9 more days to return it so am hoping something will be found.

chenalex

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm on a shared everything 8gb/month plan - does this mean I have free tethering/hotspot?

I saw this line in my plan: "4G Mobile Hotspot Provisioning $0.00"

JZambrano

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I have PDanet and Foxfi. I've yet to get the wireless hotspot to work, but i have gotten the tethering to work totally fine.

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site

Just tried it out, guess it works on my VZW unlimited Moto X. Now I have a thing in the notifications bar that says "your hotspot or wifi is active, touch here to setup" and won't swipe away.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Just tried it out, guess it works on my VZW unlimited Moto X. Now I have a thing in the notifications bar that says "your hotspot or wifi is active, touch here to setup" and won't swipe away.

Then touch it. ;)

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site

Don't want my phone to report back to Verizon that I've been tethering or something stupid like that. I restarted and it went away.

Now my issue is that FoxFi had to install some sort of VPN to make the tethering work, and it made me put a pattern unlock on my phone. Now I've deleted FoxFi for now and I want to take the pattern unlock off, but that VPN stuff still won't let me go back to swipe unlock. Can't find the app or whatever to delete it now and I don't want to delete something that I need.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

Don't want my phone to report back to Verizon that I've been tethering or something stupid like that. I restarted and it went away.

Now my issue is that FoxFi had to install some sort of VPN to make the tethering work, and it made me put a pattern unlock on my phone. Now I've deleted FoxFi for now and I want to take the pattern unlock off, but that VPN stuff still won't let me go back to swipe unlock. Can't find the app or whatever to delete it now and I don't want to delete something that I need.

Settings>security>clear credentials will remove the requirement for your lock. (then you can go change/remove it.)

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Settings>security>clear credentials will remove the requirement for your lock. (then you can go change/remove it.)

If that doesn't work, the app info in the Play store instructs you to delete all credentials and that will remove the PIN lock requirement.

JET4

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

I use Portable Wi- Fi hotspot widget from the play store on my Galaxy Nexus, works fine. I have unlimited data on Verizon.Don't know if will work on the Moto X as I don;t have one yet.