Review coming from a Droid Razr

gonefishing96

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I know there's a million reviews on here already but I know when shopping for a new phone I like to hear them all.

Have had my Moto X for 3 days now and overall I love it. Coming from a droid razr which was also a great phone.

Fit and finish...I was a bit worried about the quality reading some reviews and after trying one out in the att&t store but i'm very impressed with the quality seems well built, and the buttons are solid, unlike the one I held in the store. The size of the phone is incredible compared to its screen size, it's smaller than my razr with a larger screen. I really like the shape and size of it, with almost no bezel. Oddly enough though, unlike most people I'm having trouble finding a comfortable way to hold it but i'm sure I just have to get used to it. The lack of bezel causes me to accidentally hit the screen when one handing it, but I wouldn't want more bezel, I just need to get used to it.

The phone is fast, real fast, and the software is pretty much android with a few cool additions. I'm also enjoying the on screen buttons over the captive buttons of my razr, which makes me glad I didn't go with the Maxxx, which had an annoying menu option come up on the bottom of the screen over the captive buttons in some apps, I don't want both.

Active display...will never want a phone without this again...seems so simple but it's so nice. It took me a couple hours to get used to not hitting the power button to check the time when pulling my phone out of my pocket or picking it up, and now that I don't have to, it's awesome. The notifications part of it is great, although i wish it would display my google all access.

Camera - I like the UI of the camera, it is simple and clean and quick. The flick of the wrist works every time for me, after a few fails, you just need to learn the right motion and it will always work, but i'm not sure it's any quicker than just unlocking this phone and hitting the camera icon. The picture quality is OK not great...although its nice and fast to just click on screen and it taking the picture, I sort of miss being able to touch on screen to focus first, but its so quick, just take a couple pictures, see what come out the best and delete the rest.

OK google now...you work! this is not a gimmick it hasn't not worked perfectly for me yet, and its fast.

Have not got a chance to use Assist yet.

Battery life was great this weekend, but this was only with light use, 1.5 hours of on screen time with texting, google searches, reading some news, facebook/twitter, 2 youtube videos, and a few quick phone calls got me 1 day ten hours. Got me from Saturday morning until bed last night. I usually only use about 1.5 hours of screen time a day during a usual work day so this will be fine for me.

Overall I would highly recommend this phone. After setting up my sisters G4 (iphone convert :) )for her a month ago I would take the moto x over it for sure. As much as I always thought I wanted a larger screen, after holding her phone this weekend, the 4.7 in the X is a great compromise of screen size, and a small body. Her camera is much better, but after setting up her phone I tried out the hand gestures and the eye thing, and they really didn't work. Also prefer the stock android feel to the G4's touchwizz.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I know there's a million reviews on here already but I know when shopping for a new phone I like to hear them all.

Have had my Moto X for 3 days now and overall I love it. Coming from a droid razr which was also a great phone.

Fit and finish...I was a bit worried about the quality reading some reviews and after trying one out in the att&t store but i'm very impressed with the quality seems well built, and the buttons are solid, unlike the one I held in the store. The size of the phone is incredible compared to its screen size, it's smaller than my razr with a larger screen. I really like the shape and size of it, with almost no bezel. Oddly enough though, unlike most people I'm having trouble finding a comfortable way to hold it but i'm sure I just have to get used to it. The lack of bezel causes me to accidentally hit the screen when one handing it, but I wouldn't want more bezel, I just need to get used to it.

The phone is fast, real fast, and the software is pretty much android with a few cool additions. I'm also enjoying the on screen buttons over the captive buttons of my razr, which makes me glad I didn't go with the Maxxx, which had an annoying menu option come up on the bottom of the screen over the captive buttons in some apps, I don't want both.

Active display...will never want a phone without this again...seems so simple but it's so nice. It took me a couple hours to get used to not hitting the power button to check the time when pulling my phone out of my pocket or picking it up, and now that I don't have to, it's awesome. The notifications part of it is great, although i wish it would display my google all access.

Camera - I like the UI of the camera, it is simple and clean and quick. The flick of the wrist works every time for me, after a few fails, you just need to learn the right motion and it will always work, but i'm not sure it's any quicker than just unlocking this phone and hitting the camera icon. The picture quality is OK not great...although its nice and fast to just click on screen and it taking the picture, I sort of miss being able to touch on screen to focus first, but its so quick, just take a couple pictures, see what come out the best and delete the rest.

OK google now...you work! this is not a gimmick it hasn't not worked perfectly for me yet, and its fast.

Have not got a chance to use Assist yet.

Battery life was great this weekend, but this was only with light use, 1.5 hours of on screen time with texting, google searches, reading some news, facebook/twitter, 2 youtube videos, and a few quick phone calls got me 1 day ten hours. Got me from Saturday morning until bed last night. I usually only use about 1.5 hours of screen time a day during a usual work day so this will be fine for me.

Overall I would highly recommend this phone. After setting up my sisters G4 (iphone convert :) )for her a month ago I would take the moto x over it for sure. As much as I always thought I wanted a larger screen, after holding her phone this weekend, the 4.7 in the X is a great compromise of screen size, and a small body. Her camera is much better, but after setting up her phone I tried out the hand gestures and the eye thing, and they really didn't work. Also prefer the stock android feel to the G4's touchwizz.

Now I really want one....:'(
Glad you like it. I have been excited for this device for some time. I am hoping this gives Moto a nice influx of revenue, and offers a choice among flagship devices, even though most do not consider it one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty