Verizon Moto X - 4G LTE Icon always on...even on wifi.

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried searching but either I didn't search for the right term or it hasn't been posted.

Is there anyway to get the 4GLTE icon to go away when you are connected to wifi? I had the same issues on my S4 and disabling the callerID app resolved that issue. I tired to same on the X and didn't get the same results.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried searching but either I didn't search for the right term or it hasn't been posted.

Is there anyway to get the 4GLTE icon to go away when you are connected to wifi? I had the same issues on my S4 and disabling the callerID app resolved that issue. I tired to same on the X and didn't get the same results.
I read throughout the forums that disabling the CallerID App would work as well. What a bummer to see if not work in your situation. I'll take a look around and see if there are any other solutions to address this issue.

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site
What's the difference? I thought that's just what Verizon phones did. The rzr does it too.

Posted via Android Central App

Just an eye sore to me, that's all. None of my other phones did it. The HTC One, Galaxy Nexus, etc... Just seems redundant. Minor gripe I know. :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got use to it bring on when connected to WiFi's,since none of my other vzw phones did either( Dinc,DX,GNexus,S3,).
But it was odd at first seeing 4G visible all the time.
It doesnt bother me tho anymore.

mkurz12

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I actually like that is it still shows 4G LTE when WiFi is on. It is grayed out and not blue like the WiFi signal, showing that it is not in use. I always hated that 4G, 3G etc. symbol disappeared when on WiFi with my GNex. No real reason just personal preference.
I also disabled the caller ID app (as well as all Verizon apps) and still have a 4G symbol.

Posted via AC App on Moto X