Verizon OTA Soak Test

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
If it is a soak test, then it is finished. The soak is mainly to check out the OTA delivery & installation.

Posted via Android Central App

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
The pre-survey makes it quite clear that rooted users should not apply the update and that it will only work on stock phones.

In days gone by, yes...but now there are straightforward warnings to return the device to stock (and they can tell) with a comment that problems encountered will be 'prioritized' as to how much help is provided during the soak, though I've seen them take steps to re-push to help after the rooters have tried to 're-stockify' (attn Webster - new word).

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
There is a good chance that you will not be in this test since people have been getting surveys and they only take the first 1000. But there will probably be others.
Soak tests are OTA. If you get a download link, I would be wary of it. Soak tests only take a few days. Once it actually starts, you can expect everyone to start getting the update within a week unless something is really wrong.

Here is some good news. I just signed up two days ago and got the invite tonight. w00t! So if you haven't already done so, I would suggest you sign up.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know of a way to do the soak and still keep the root on the vz moto x? thanks

They dont want the Soak tested with a modified OS in anyway .That includes just rooting it.Actually if you was rooted and had modified the OS like removed bloatware ,etc it might just fail,might bootloop ya,or just cause you to loose root.

I dont recomend anyone to try the soak test while rooted its possible it could brick your phone.
They just want you on a totally stock OS since you are testing and reporting in the forums.

opuntia2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've turned off every vibration selection on the phone yet active notifications and the slide lock still vibrates. My point here is that there is no way to disable this and there should be. That's why I'm asking all the soak test folks to PLEASE input this to the folks at Verizon/Motorola to have this feature added. For such a fine phone I still can't believe that vibration on this thing is so bad. Mine may go back for this very reason.

I guess it can't hurt to ask but there's no way they're going to include that in this update. Especially when every other carrier has pushed out this exact same update without that feature. It wouldn't make sense for only Verizon to only have it. Anyway, I guess bringing it to their attention might make it possible for inclusion on a future update.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
This OTA is already done and unless there is any major last minute issues, your best bet is to try and post about it on the Motorola Forums and possibly on Google+ to a few Moto Employees in hopes that it will be fixed in the 4.3 OTA that "should" be coming in the next OTA a few weeks from now.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I've turned off every vibration selection on the phone yet active notifications and the slide lock still vibrates. My point here is that there is no way to disable this and there should be. That's why I'm asking all the soak test folks to PLEASE input this to the folks at Verizon/Motorola to have this feature added. For such a fine phone I still can't believe that vibration on this thing is so bad. Mine may go back for this very reason.
Going off track again... I stopped into verizon store tonight "just for fun" (which really never is anymore) and tried playing with vibrations again. I unchecked the vibrate on touch in the sound settings, and the slide to unlock did not vibrate. I checked it, and it vibrated. It was hard to try it since the demo player kept yanking me out of the lock screen but there were occasions I was able to swipe quickly enough to try it. I also did turn the vibrate duration of the google keyboard to "default" and it was a lot better (softer) than it was out of the box for me before (I don't know if it was set to default or some long duration). But on the longer durations I could really tell the vibrate will be super annoying when I get an incoming call if it's the same vibrate feel (I just realized I could have called the phone to check it, oh well). So anyway, I am not sure why on this phone the swipe unlock didn't vibrate as someone else confirmed in this thread, but others say it always vibrates.