Motorola cancelled order and can't tell me why

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Logged into moto site today to see if i could add insurance to the X I ordered Friday. Order canceled. First rep said they didn't know why and would have to transfer me to cancellations department. Waited several minutes, provided info and then was told I could place another order after 24-48 hours. I canceled my N5 order because the ordering and shipping sucks. Now i'm having issues with Moto! WTF! I was supposed to receive my phone tomorrow. I don't want to wait. Currently on hold for supervisor.

UPDATE: After an hour on the phone (with several disconnected calls) they reset my activation code (from card purchased at AT&T). Told me to put order in again when I get the code. Then call back with order number and they would expedite shipping. They offered a $100 Bluetooth headset. I asked just for the desktop and car docks that had been on my original order which were less in value. Although I am not happy that some unknown computer glitch canceled my order Motorola was very responsive and willing to work with me. Maybe Google needs to train their CSR's with Motorola's and so many of us wouldn't be pissed over the N5 debacle.

Last edited:

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
They're out of it man. My RMA to have my phone fixed, the online tracker never updated after "RMA creation 10/25". I called them a few days ago, they acted like I was being impatient when it had not even an update of being received. THey're like "it was received 10/31, it takes 10 days to get it back to you", all rude. I was all, okay. So today, 11/11, still no update on the online tracker, i called to find out. "Oh, we have no idea, let me check", 15 mins later. 'Oh, it was never logged into the service repair department', we'll make sure it gets to them. Ummm... okay. "It'll take 5 days to repair" me, all nice: okay, could you put a note on it letting them know it's kinda urgent? i'm without a phone. "i said it would take 5 days". um, okay biatch.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
They're out of it man. My RMA to have my phone fixed, the online tracker never updated after "RMA creation 10/25". I called them a few days ago, they acted like I was being impatient when it had not even an update of being received. THey're like "it was received 10/31, it takes 10 days to get it back to you", all rude. I was all, okay. So today, 11/11, still no update on the online tracker, i called to find out. "Oh, we have no idea, let me check", 15 mins later. 'Oh, it was never logged into the service repair department', we'll make sure it gets to them. Ummm... okay. "It'll take 5 days to repair" me, all nice: okay, could you put a note on it letting them know it's kinda urgent? i'm without a phone. "i said it would take 5 days". um, okay biatch.

Ouch that sucks... write a letter to the feedback of motorola... tell them how it is and how you have lost faith in motorola and bad customer service... it will take about 2-3 days to get a reply, but a higher-up will listen and will do something. Whatever you do keep at it okay... good luck

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Overall they've been good at acknowledging the mistake and trying to fix it. It's taken a few lengthy calls to talk to the right people but they're going to expedite my order. Guaranteed Thursday delivery. Offered me a $100 Bluetooth headset. I turned that down and they are sending the car and desktop docks as compensation.
I'm not really even angry anymore. They've gone above and beyond to make it right. I just want my new toy and will have to wait a couple more days for it.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree... I've had a different problem placing an order today and the service from them has been absolutely outstanding. It's still a work in progress but I'm very happy with how it is going. Who knows what the market will look like in a couple of years, but at the moment I have every intention of sticking with Motorola unless there's a very compelling reason not to.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If the phone lives up to hype then Motorola has won a loyal customer. I was able to order today and they are expediting build and ship. Said I would have it by Thursday. I received the "building it" email less than six hours after order. They have already shipped the docks. While I'm not thrilled that they had a glitch I have been happy with how they handled it.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Ouch that sucks... write a letter to the feedback of motorola... tell them how it is and how you have lost faith in motorola and bad customer service... it will take about 2-3 days to get a reply, but a higher-up will listen and will do something. Whatever you do keep at it okay... good luck

:O.

So how about I called today to follow up because I still hadn't gotten a call back from them as they said they would. They put me on hold, they said they couldn't quite locate my phone... ... ... ...."let me check if i can send you out a new one...." "oh, we're out of stock..."we re sorry, we can reimburse you or you can purchase a new phone online, send us the bill, we will reimburse you".

*does cartwheels*. Um. WTF COLOR DO I GET!!!!! :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moto fan for life. wuz up!

Last edited:

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

So how about I called today to follow up because I still hadn't gotten a call. They put me on hold, they said they couldn't really locate my phone... ... ... ...."let me check if i can send you out a new one...." "oh, we're out of stock..."we re sorry, we can reimburse you or you can purchase a new phone online, send us the bill, we will reimburse you".

*does cartwheels*. Um. WTF COLOR DO I GET!!!!! :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moto fan for life. wuz up!

Now you can get that color combo you've been dreaming about.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Now you can get that color combo you've been dreaming about.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I feel so brave. Was so over pink when i checked it out in the store. Really wanted a black front with woven white back, but not an option online. Wasn't crazy about the idea of turquoise with a black front. Put in my cart a black front, black woven back and silver accents. Then i did something crazy, cuz seriously, i'm kind of a really plain person, or maybe conservative in appearance is a better term... Super indecisive too, i hope i don't cancel re-order the black instead.

CONF_SVC_RedirectToAssetImage-Service

woohoo! 32GB. So glad my phone repair didn't go quite as planned. :D. I will miss my black ninja broken phone, but it's a new day and the winter will by gloomy enough, might as well brighten things up. : )

Last edited:

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

So how about I called today to follow up because I still hadn't gotten a call back from them as they said they would. They put me on hold, they said they couldn't quite locate my phone... ... ... ...."let me check if i can send you out a new one...." "oh, we're out of stock..."we re sorry, we can reimburse you or you can purchase a new phone online, send us the bill, we will reimburse you".

Whattt!!! Good for you get pink.

Posted via Android Central App

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Got my phone yesterday. My docks should arrive today (if FedEx can find my address) . The customer service was above and beyond. They called just now to ensure I received the phone. Now the wallpaper, splash screen weren't what I ordered and they didn't link my Google account but that isn't detracting from my experience. Wallpaper is easy to change and the splash screen isn't all that important.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Also got my moto, also agree customer service beyond. :D!!! Granted, I haven't finished the process, I have to send in my receipt to get my reimbursement back, but I am confident everything will go smoothly. :D!!!!