lens flare issue

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that there is a lot of lens flare caused by fingerprint oils? Every time I take a picture I need to remember to clean the lens with my shirt before I take a picture or ill get unusable images. Am I the only one dealing with this issue? In the included pictures the different angles flares are determined by which way I swipe my finger over the lens. The only way I can stop this from happening is with cleaning it before hand with my shirt. Should I contact moto about this and get my back plate replaced?

Link: http://imgur.com/a/PICLs

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You should try turning off the J.J. Abrams filter in the camera app. That should eliminate 99% of the lens flare.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In all seriousness, I've always had to clean smartphone camera lenses if I want the best picture. I've had phones with lens flare issues and my HTC One takes very soft photos if I don't clean the lens. Its just part of getting oil on the lens. The remedy would be to put an oilphobic coating on the lens, but those coatings are notoriously easy to scratch.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I wipe the camera lens with my shirt every single time before I take a picture. It's become a habit simply because I'm always on my phone and I know it's going to have dust and oily fingerprints on it.

tap'n

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I wasn't sure if this was common with the x. I don't remember my razr maxx having this issue. It is pretty annoying to have to clean it almost every time I use the camera. It takes away from the whole quick capture thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty