4.4 Kit Kat calendar problems

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I updated to Kit Kat, my calendar won't sync. No matter how many times I go into the app and select what calendars to sync, as soon as I exit the menu they all get unchecked. Anyone else having this problem?

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yep.
Mine was working, but I reset the phone and then I got hit.
I uninstalled Google Calendar and went back to the AOSP, and it's been ok.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep.
Mine was working, but I reset the phone and then I got hit.
I uninstalled Google Calendar and went back to the AOSP, and it's been ok.

I just tried uninstalling but when I went to the aosp calendar it asked me to sign in to Google. When I tried to sign in it told me there was a problem and it couldn't sign me in. This SUCKS! 😬

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Saw this in the reviews. Seems to be a bug with KitKat (possibly just on the X) The following worked for me, but we'll see after a reboot and/or time

Kit Kat bug If you have a problem with your calendars not being displayed, do this: uninstall Google calendar, disable calendar sync, clear stock calendar data, disable stack calendar, clear calendar STORAGE data (in settings, apps, all), reinstall Google calendar, re enable calendar sync.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Saw this in the reviews. Seems to be a bug with KitKat (possibly just on the X) The following worked for me, but we'll see after a reboot and/or time

Kit Kat bug If you have a problem with your calendars not being displayed, do this: uninstall Google calendar, disable calendar sync, clear stock calendar data, disable stack calendar, clear calendar STORAGE data (in settings, apps, all), reinstall Google calendar, re enable calendar sync.

Still working after a reboot!

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, Simple fix here.

Go to app manager. Clear data/cache on calendar and calendar storage. Should fix issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
^^ Did not work for me before trying the above fix.
Correction. Worked the first time until I rebooted, then the problem was back and simply clearing data/cache would no longer work.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes. That's when I experienced the problem. Immediately on re-installing the apps.
When I updated to 4.4, I had no issues with Google Calendar before resetting.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. After many attempts I ended up uninstalling and then reinstalling the calendar. It worked for awhile, quit again. SOMEBODY FIND A FIX THAT STICKS!!!
please.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. After many attempts I ended up uninstalling and then reinstalling the calendar. It worked for awhile, quit again. SOMEBODY FIND A FIX THAT STICKS!!!
please.

I recommend using google calendar and disabling the stock calendar.

google calendar is build from stock calendar but with additional features and bug fixes.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I recommend using google calendar and disabling the stock calendar.

google calendar is build from stock calendar but with additional features and bug fixes.

I disabled the stock calendar and I'm using the Google Calendar from the Play store. So far so good. Thanks!

srslle

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My stuff is on my device calendar. If I clear cache it will erase my events. I can't sync my chrome google calendar with my device calendar. Help.

main1242

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue on my samsung galaxy s4. if you restore all the default calendar app stuff, i.e. the app, the appsync, and app storage. Clear the data from all, install google calendar from the play store, check your google sync account, it should now include the calendar. Disable ONLY the default calendar app, and your google calendar should work!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana