12-17-2013 11:38 PM
1,266 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I'm probably going to get Lemon Lime, Black front with Blue Accents. But, there's also part of me that wants to YOLO and go Raspberry with black accents...
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-01-2013 06:57 PM
    How were the red accents? They look almost pink on the site
    That's a great question - unfortunately I don't have a good answer.

Since I'm going with the silver accent I didn't even bother to look at the display to see if they had the accent colors - I figured it would be pretty hard for Motorola to screw-up silver.

Maybe someone who has more knowledge can chime in about the red accent color. I've read that the blue accent color looks awesome but that doesn't help answer your question.
    12-01-2013 06:57 PM
    That's a great question - unfortunately I don't have a good answer.

Since I'm going with the silver accent I didn't even bother to look at the display to see if they had the accent colors - I figured it would be pretty hard for Motorola to screw-up silver.

Maybe someone who has more knowledge can chime in about the red accent color. I've read that the blue accent color looks awesome but that doesn't help answer your question.
    I'm not buying one but I just wanted to ask in case you knew. Nobody has a definitive answer for that
    Thanks though
    12-01-2013 07:08 PM
    Here's a link to the Motorola Trade-up website - click here (It looks like the Triumph is an eligible phone. )

I'm not 100% sure about whether rooting would be an issue, but if I had to bet I'd be almost 100% certain it would be a non-issue since Motorola is just trying to accommodate customers who got stuck with phones that were not going to be upgraded to Jelly Bean.
    Thanks for that link. Is orange not in that display?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    12-01-2013 07:24 PM
    I'm probably going to get Lemon Lime, Black front with Blue Accents. But, there's also part of me that wants to YOLO and go Raspberry with black accents...
    Raspberry looks pink to me

Posted via Android Central App
    12-01-2013 07:26 PM
    I think the metallic red accents look red in person (at least behind the plexiglass display.) Maybe not quite as deep as the red camera ring on my HTC Rezound, but it did look red.

I'm going white front, navy and blue accents. I wish the white front had a cleaner look to it, but I'm going to run with my PSU design. If I don't like it, I'll send it back for black and still have it before Christmas.
    12-01-2013 07:51 PM
    Raspberry looks pink to me
    p
    ITA, I would call it hot pink. True raspberry has more purple and red in it.
    12-01-2013 07:55 PM
    Has anyone else had a lot of issues with the website trying to play with Moto Maker on both Chrome and IE?

I really like the feel of the Woven Black finish. Does the Yellow have the same feel and texture anybody know?
    12-01-2013 07:55 PM
    I think the metallic red accents look red in person (at least behind the plexiglass display.) Maybe not quite as deep as the red camera ring on my HTC Rezound, but it did look red.

I'm going white front, navy and blue accents. I wish the white front had a cleaner look to it, but I'm going to run with my PSU design. If I don't like it, I'll send it back for black and still have it before Christmas.
    I'm going with my PSU design as well We Are! Except, silver accents not blue. Same about the white front as well, black looks a bit cleaner, but I never had a white phone and need a change anyway. Was thinking about a PSU engraving as well, that would really limit my resell options tho. Have till 9am est to decide!

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-01-2013 07:57 PM
    I'm going with my PSU design as well We Are! Except, silver accents not blue. Same about the white front as well, black looks a bit cleaner, but I never had a white phone and need a change anyway. Was thinking about a PSU engraving as well, that would really limit my resell options tho. Have till 9am est to decide!

Right now my saved design has "WE ARE..." for the Power On screen, no sig on back. Like you, I'm a bit concerned about resale, so I could go in and delete that.
    alphabets likes this.
    12-01-2013 08:01 PM
    The silver accents will look great on your design! I think the metallic blue accent looks so good, I just want to use it. The Air Jacket Moto X Case webpage shows a Navy and blue accent back in their case with the blue bumper. I think it looks good in the photo!
    12-01-2013 08:06 PM
    Has anyone else had a lot of issues with the website trying to play with Moto Maker on both Chrome and IE?

I really like the feel of the Woven Black finish. Does the Yellow have the same feel and texture anybody know?
    I was messing with a design about an hour ago on Chrome (Win 8) and it was unresponsive when clicking on several buttons.

The yellow felt pretty smooth to me back when I looked at the AT&T store.
    12-01-2013 08:13 PM
    I was messing with a design about an hour ago on Chrome (Win 8) and it was unresponsive when clicking on several buttons.

I get to the save design stage and it just stays there.

Did the yellow have a rubbery feel like the woven?
    12-01-2013 08:14 PM
    The silver accents will look great on your design! I think the metallic blue accent looks so good, I just want to use it. The Air Jacket Moto X Case webpage shows a Navy and blue accent back in their case with the blue bumper. I think it looks good in the photo!
    I'll have to check that out, I don't remember seeing navy. And yes, both the silver and blue look great on that design, that was actually my only dilemma. I finally settled on silver, took me weeks. Haha.

12-01-2013 08:15 PM
    I get to the save design stage and it just stays there.

Did the yellow have a rubbery feel like the woven?
    I hate to say it but the light/bright colors generally are smooth and flat feeling. I've read elsewhere that the soft touch brushed/rubbery feel works better with dark colors and the light colors would scuff and get marked up easily.
    12-01-2013 09:16 PM

Same thing... I contacted Motorola support and the response wasn't too helpful (sign out, restart chrome)
    12-01-2013 09:20 PM
    I hate to say it but the light/bright colors generally are smooth and flat feeling. I've read elsewhere that the soft touch brushed/rubbery feel works better with dark colors and the light colors would scuff and get marked up easily.
    I never thought of the bright colors scuffing more. I was at walmart today and they had a woven black one and I loved the feel
    12-01-2013 09:31 PM
    I never thought of the bright colors scuffing more. I was at walmart today and they had a woven black one and I loved the feel
    The display at AT&T let you touch the backs (went there to look, I'm on Verizon.) Unfortunately the woven white, yellow, cement, spearmint, etc all were missing the soft touch feel in my opinion. That's one reason I lost interest in buying a dev edition (woven white) just to be able to get 32gb on Verizon.
    12-01-2013 09:46 PM
    The display at AT&T let you touch the backs (went there to look, I'm on Verizon.) Unfortunately the woven white, yellow, cement, spearmint, etc all were missing the soft touch feel in my opinion. That's one reason I lost interest in buying a dev edition (woven white) just to be able to get 32gb on Verizon.
    Thank you. I'm thinking woven black with yellow accents now
    JET4 likes this.
    12-01-2013 09:57 PM
    The anticipation is killing me lol
    12-02-2013 02:05 AM
    Just an FYI, when double, triple and quadruple checking my saved design this morning I noticed that the engraving tab is no longer on the moto maker site. I'm not sure if you previously saved a design with an engraving if it would still be an option for you. I did not have it saved with an engraving and I don't have the option now either. After struggling over it, I decided I wasn't going to go with one (resell value), but Moto made the decision easy for me. The custom power on screen is still available.
    Mac58 likes this.
    12-02-2013 05:46 AM
    Just an FYI, when double, triple and quadruple checking my saved design this morning I noticed that the engraving tab is no longer on the moto maker site. I'm not sure if you previously saved a design with an engraving if it would still be an option for you. I did not have it saved with an engraving and I don't have the option now either. After struggling over it, I decided I wasn't going to go with one (resell value), but Moto made the decision easy for me. The custom power on screen is still available.
    I still can't access custom designs. I hope I can get an X.

Sent from my note 3
    12-02-2013 05:51 AM
    I still can't access custom designs. I hope I can get an X.

Sent from my note 3
    Browser issues? I am using Chrome and have not had any issues. If Google/Moto can't get the site to work properly on Chrome then God help us all
    12-02-2013 05:55 AM
    On another note my parents are being idiots and they won't let me buy the Moto X.

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    12-02-2013 06:29 AM
    Same here, the engraving option is now gone and you cant purchase moto x it just says email design.... I hope the engraving comes back for the sale, if not that could be a deal breaker for me, as I really wanted to go all out for my wife :-(

Edit: Even my saved designs and cart are now empty,after setting it all up yesterday!
    alphabets likes this.
    12-02-2013 06:55 AM
1,266 ... 45678 ...