What do you not like about your Moto X Case?

xpeacemaker

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know which cases to avoid and then I'll go from there to pick the case I'll be using.

I'm planning on getting two Moto X's for me and my fiance. She needs something super protective and I need something to protect against scuffs and such.

Thanks!

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
For the super protective, the otterbox commuter is pretty great! The defender feels good but I found typing difficult because the built in screen didn't lay flush against the screen.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

xpeacemaker

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
For the super protective, the otterbox commuter is pretty great! The defender feels good but I found typing difficult because the built in screen didn't lay flush against the screen.

So you would suggest the Commuter? Protective too against any incidental drops? She can be...clumsy at times.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Does the front lip from the case hamper touching near the edge of the screen?

Posted via Android Central App

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Case? You don't put a case on a phone that feels this good in the hand!

if you work in an industrial environment a case would be advantageous. A desk job is a different story.

gravity has an affinity for clumsy folk sometimes. case happens!

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

I have to agree with ya. Had my X for about a week and ordered the SUPCASE clear and the OTTERBOX commuter glacier case a week before the phone arrived. No doubt the otterbox would protect the phone better, I liked the supcase for it's smooth contoured fit around the Moto X but I just didn't like the protection factor and the lack of covering for the phone plug on top and charging port on the bottom. Still wasn't a deal breaker but liked the case regardless so got both.

I have a old belt-clip cheap-o holder that I put my phone in and it just works out better with the otterbox commuter case which, to me, is a nice design for the Moto X...not that thick but still ok to hold.

Still keeping the SUPCASE but using the OTTERBOX for those increasingly fumbling times holding on to things that comes with age.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got a Distronic TPU case.No compliants from me .
Some people may think it interfers with getting near edge of screen.
I dont have any problem , but I dont have fat fingers either haha :p

xpeacemaker

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with ya. Had my X for about a week and ordered the SUPCASE clear and the OTTERBOX commuter glacier case a week before the phone arrived. No doubt the otterbox would protect the phone better, I liked the supcase for it's smooth contoured fit around the Moto X but I just didn't like the protection factor and the lack of covering for the phone plug on top and charging port on the bottom. Still wasn't a deal breaker but liked the case regardless so got both.

I have a old belt-clip cheap-o holder that I put my phone in and it just works out better with the otterbox commuter case which, to me, is a nice design for the Moto X...not that thick but still ok to hold.

Still keeping the SUPCASE but using the OTTERBOX for those increasingly fumbling times holding on to things that comes with age.

Would you say the supcase doesn't protect that well against a drop?

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I had two cases.

The Otter box Commuter was to chunky. Great case but it's a brute.

The Griffin reveal clear back scratches a lot. Very slim nice case. If the installed a small o-ring on the back where the dimple is, 99% of the scratches would not have happened.

I stuck with the Griffin.

stameyryan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Incipio wireless Charging case with a PMA pad for it.. Love it but sadly it completely covers up my wood back

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I like the Air Jacket Grip. Clear back hasn't scratched. Accent color coordinates well with phone. It's tough to get on and off so I think it's good in a fall.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I like the Air Jacket Grip. Clear back hasn't scratched. Accent color coordinates well with phone. It's tough to get on and off so I think it's good in a fall.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Is there any texture to the clear back? Does it cover the dimple?

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't cover dimple and the back has a little friction.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1386113775719.jpg
    1386113775719.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 40

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez