Best Moto X Cases

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know of a TPU case with the power and volume buttons actually cut out? Finding it hard to move the volume buttons on my current case.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know of a TPU case with the power and volume buttons actually cut out? Finding it hard to move the volume buttons on my current case.

I don't think that is possible. No tpu case comes without the buttons covered.

Posted Via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Im with you. I was actually thinking of cutting out the buttons on my tpu case from best buy with an exacto knife if I get brave enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I have the clear tpu Rocketfish case from Best Buy and love it. If you have a custom moto x, it shows the colors really well.
The only thing it is missing is a grip material on the sides, but I do like that the sides are clear.

Does that case have the cutout for the dimple on the back?

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the Minisuit Ultra Thin Air Case from Amazon (Was $5 now it's $7) Amazon.com: Minisuit Ultra Thin Air Case for Motorola Moto X (High Gloss Crystal Clear): Cell Phones & Accessories

I just couldn't part with $30 for the clear plastic one Motorola was selling. My wife wanted that one however so I can compare the two.

The Minisuit is not as thick as the Air Jacket™ which I think is a good thing, but it also doesn't come around the corners quite as far which obviously is a bad thing. It does rise up on the sides so the screen does not touch if you lay it flat on it's face. Cut outs are large and no issues with reaching the buttons etc. The clear ring of plastic on the sides does pull in light from your surroundings, more so on the thicker Air Jacket™. It's not a good thing or a bad thing, just thought I would note it.

The are both equally prone to scratching it seems (although the Air Jacket™ came with some pre-scratching so you can get over that fear before you even put it on :confused: )
For $5 I can replace it when I feel the scratches get too bad without thinking about it. I've had it for a week and there are none noticible unless I really look for them. The lint that gets between the case and phone are more noticeable. I'll try to take some pictures of the two side by side so you can see how they vary.

I'm coming from the Razr HD Maxx so even with the covers the phone still seems incredibly thin and light. I usually use TPU covers for their protection/cushion of the corners and the ring above the screen they provide, but did not want to hide the motomaker scheme behind a frosted TPU. Probably the biggest downside in everyday use is how slick the hard plastic is on clothing. I usually just have my phone on my leg while I drive but much change in direction causes it to go sliding.

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

The Cruzerlite TPU cases seem to have both the power and volume buttons exposed. I had one on my Nexus 4 and all buttons were uncovered and it was a really good case:
Amazon.com: Cruzerlite Experience Case for Google Moto X - Retail Packaging - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

There are other colors and designs to choose from, but I'm not seeing any that don't have some sort of design (I searched "cruzerlite moto x"):
Amazon.com

Last edited:

SiliconFiend

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Im with you. I was actually thinking of cutting out the buttons on my tpu case from best buy with an exacto knife if I get brave enough.

I got this case: Evecase S-Line Slim TPU Case with Kick-Stand for Motorola Moto X - Frosted Clear. It was pretty stiff on the buttons, too, but just yesterday I cut through the case along one side of the buttons and that's helped quite a bit with the button motion. It's still not as easy as with a silicone case (or a cutout), but that's what you get with TPU.

gingersnapgirl

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

look into the cruzerlite cases - I don't have one yet for my Moto X, but the one I got for my Galaxy S3 has cutouts for the power and volume buttons.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I got this one...
Nexus 5 Leather Sleeve / Cover CONCRETE Organic by filzstueck
You have to ask her to make you one for MotoX (they are all made to order).
There are soooo many choices if you search for iPhone Leather Sleeve. Just find the one you like and vast majority will make you a custom one for the same price.

That's no better than the $50 ones we have available. Thought you had a good deal on a sleeve. :-/

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Supcase and I do like it. The back is smoke, not clear but you can still see the Moto logo. The back is dimpled as well.

I get what some have said about the sharp edges but it's not uncomfortable. The back is smoother than I would like though.

I'm coming from a 2 piece Incipio and the Supcase is much smaller and truer to the form of the phone than the Incipio was on my S3.

Sent via the X!

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
That's no better than the $50 ones we have available. Thought you had a good deal on a sleeve. :-/

What do you mean by "we have available"?
I haven't seen any high quality leather sleeves for anything under $40. I don't mind paying a little extra for quality craftsmanship and colors/materials exactly I want. Sleeves generally fit any phone of that size (unlike molded cases) so IMO it's a good investment for years to come.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "we have available"?
I haven't seen any high quality leather sleeves for anything under $40. I don't mind paying a little extra for quality craftsmanship and colors/materials exactly I want. Sleeves generally fit any phone of that size (unlike molded cases) so IMO it's a good investment for years to come.

The sleeves from Motorola's website has the leather sleeves for over $50. I'm not seeing it's wrong for the rice to be high, I just wish there was a lower cost option, I can't afford a $50 sleeve right now.

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I think we should all hammer Sena with requests for the Moto X. The 4 beautiful, carefully stitched, soft leather, perfectly fitting ultraslim sleeves I have bought from them were $30. each. By the way, they do have one for all Nexus phones/tablets under 'Google' as the manufacturer.

AndroidBIO

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the SUPCASE Clear/Black
Amazon.com: SUPCASE Motorola Moto X Phone Unicorn Beetle Hybrid Case - Clear/Black, Free HD Clear Screen Protector, Bubble Free Installation Instruction Included: Cell Phones & Accessories

As other have said, the buttons are indeed hard to press and the curved appeal the Moto X is known for, is eliminated with this case. However, cons aside, the grip to this case is fantastic. Now I feel less worried about dropping the phone AND I can finally lay my phone down and use it, without it spinning around when it didn't have a cover on. For $16, this was a good purchase.

Note: The back is glossy and NOT clear so for my Moto X Dev Edition, the back looks plain white and the pattern is not noticeable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87