06-04-2014 11:17 PM
397 ... 45678 ...
tools
    That looks pretty cool. Is that the cement back? Can I ask how you like it? Does it look good in person?
    It's the olive back as weksa surmised. I do quite like it, and I think it looks great.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    12-19-2013 01:30 AM
    I like the incipio case the rubber with hard back is very minimal and simple
    12-19-2013 02:19 AM
    I opted for the Speck CandyShell case in white/gravel grey. It seems somewhat silly to have gone through the MotoMaker process just to cover it up with a plastic opaque case, but as long as I know the phone has an olive back, I'm okay with it! Plus, I never use cell phones without a screen protector and a durable case, which is not only good for peace of mind, it ultimately helps for resale purposes.
    jaleesag88 likes this.
    12-19-2013 02:26 AM
    I got the clear snap case offered at checkout in moto maker. It doesn't add much bulk at all and the buttons and ports are all easily accessible. I kinds wish it covered the top and bottom lips of the phone better. Really wish spigen would make a slim armor case for the moto x. I love those cases.
    jaleesag88 likes this.
    12-19-2013 09:23 AM
    Has anyone found one of these super thin 0.5mm cases for the Moto X?

Clear 0 5mm Ultra Thin Frosted Transparent Hard Case Cover for Apple iPhone 5g | eBay
    12-19-2013 04:51 PM
    Now for those who want a real wood back can get a Toast wood veneer.

That being said it is about 1mm thick. I want to get one and put a clear case over it. Which case will allow me to do that?
    12-19-2013 11:44 PM
    My $3.59 clear case!
    Attached Thumbnails Best Moto X Cases-2013-12-19-15.38.46.jpg   Best Moto X Cases-2013-12-19-15.38.15.jpg  
    alphabets and dmark44 like this.
    12-20-2013 06:17 AM
    How do they adhere to the back of the phone?
    12-20-2013 08:33 AM
    They get glued on, just look at their videos.
    12-20-2013 10:31 AM

That being said it is about 1mm thick. I want to get one and put a clear case over it. Which case will allow me to do that?
    Ultimate hipster look.

Posted Via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    12-20-2013 11:40 AM
    Unfortunately, for those of us who like Sena leather cases, they're not marketing one for the Moto X -- and when I called Sena, I was told there won't be one forthcoming. But since I really liked the Sena cases that I had for my last two phones (the original Droid and the Droid 3), I ordered the one they sell for the Nokia Lumia 920, which was the closest to matching the size of the Moto X that I could find in their inventory. Although the case doesn't fit snugly because it's a little wider than the Moto X, the length is perfect, and I've not only grown accustomed to, but actually like, the fact that phone can slide out more easily. Like all Sena cases, it's quality leather and well crafted, provides excellent protection of the device in the pocket, and the price is right -- it's been marked down to $23.95. I looked at the $60 case on the Motorola website, but I prefer the thinner, lighter, plain black leather Sena case.

Nokia Lumia 920 - UltraSlim
    stringbeanie likes this.
    12-20-2013 09:31 PM
    I bought a Bear Motion case and also a SUPCASE. Both are perfect for what I want from a case. I use the Bear Motion except for when I am hunting or golfing and I go with the Sup

Posted via Android Central App
    12-20-2013 11:31 PM
    Anyone here have the regular Air Jacket case? I just used a code today to get one at 50% off. I don't like the cheap cases at Amazon, and I didn't want an Air Jacket Grip.
    12-21-2013 12:05 AM
    Unfortunately, for those of us who like Sena leather cases, they're not marketing one for the Moto X -- and when I called Sena, I was told there won't be one forthcoming. But since I really liked the Sena cases that I had for my last two phones (the original Droid and the Droid 3), I ordered the one they sell for the Nokia Lumia 920, which was the closest to matching the size of the Moto X that I could find in their inventory. Although the case doesn't fit snugly because it's a little wider than the Moto X, the length is perfect, and I've not only grown accustomed to, but actually like, the fact that phone can slide out more easily. Like all Sena cases, it's quality leather and well crafted, provides excellent protection of the device in the pocket, and the price is right -- it's been marked down to $23.95. I looked at the $60 case on the Motorola website, but I prefer the thinner, lighter, plain black leather Sena case.

Nokia Lumia 920 - UltraSlim
    Do you think the slightly large Sena for Lumia 920 would accommodate the Moto X with a thin TPU case like the Cimo?
    12-21-2013 08:55 AM
    Do you think the slightly large Sena for Lumia 920 would accommodate the Moto X with a thin TPU case like the Cimo?
    I believe it's likely that there's sufficient space within the Sena case for Lumia 920 to accommodate the Moto X with a thin polyurethane cover like the Cimo. Of course, if you get the Sena case and it doesn't fit to your satisfaction, you can return it; but I think it's worth a try if you like the thin leather case.
    12-21-2013 09:33 AM
    I've got the Seidio Dilex (aka Active) case and holster. I'd prefer not to have a kickstand, though it doesn't really interfere with anything. Aside from that, my only complaint is that it doesn't cover the ports on the phone. My experience with the Otterbox Defender on my Galaxy Nexus lowered my opinion of their product quality to the point where I switched to Seidio and will probably never buy another Otterbox product. Though I will say that Otterbox customer service was great - they replaced my case/holster 5-6 times in about 14 months, even once beyond the warranty period, no questions asked.
    12-21-2013 08:59 PM
    IThough I will say that Otterbox customer service was great - they replaced my case/holster 5-6 times in about 14 months, even once beyond the warranty period, no questions asked.
    What on earth was wrong that required that many replacements?
    12-21-2013 09:12 PM
    Dropped my Moto X today due to a hole in my jacket pocket onto hard tile. It had the Anker case, and although I'm not sure it helped, the phone is fine. To me, the Anker case is the best feeling case out there.
    12-21-2013 09:22 PM
    What on earth was wrong that required that many replacements?
    The two halves of the hard inner shell are held together by a slot/tab mechanism - one side of the slot broke. The belt clip snapped off the back of the holster. The retaining clip where the top of the phone snapped into the holster broke. Some of these things happened more than once.

I'll admit that this was a big departure from my prior experience with Otterbox. Things started off on the wrong foot with the Defender on the Galaxy Nexus because the Defender was designed for the Verizon variant of the phone, which is a little thicker than the GSM variant. With the case not snugly fitting the phone, the built in screen protector was not always in contact with the screen - making it difficult to interact with the edges of the display because the screen protector was held away from the display by the hard inner shell. I'm sure the curved display didn't help the situation either. I blame Samsung/Google for having two different form factors for the "same" device, but Otterbox gets the blame for designing a case for only one form factor, and not even being aware of multiple form factors until I told them about it almost 8-10 months after the devices were released.

Also, Otterbox's attempt to make the belt clip also serve as a kickstand resulted in repeated instances of my phone catching on something and pulling away from my body, leaving the belt clip in kickstand mode - ready to fall off the belt at any time.
    12-22-2013 03:54 PM
    I can tell all you folks to NOT buy the "Casemate" brand from Radio Shack. The darn thing was so slippery (though shiny, sleek and cool looking) everytime I grabbed my phone outta my pocket it went flying... This happened no less than five times before I wised up. I neglected to mention that because of the multiple drops, the case cracked along the top and bottom edges... Creating very sharp corners. The kind that like to snag inside your pockets and make it difficult to get your phone out. The kind that like to cut your finger when you're trying to answer a call. Don't be fooled! It's about 16.00 bucks and it will cast a spell at first glance. So shiny... With that cool waffle pattern... Sleek and smooth... just like the MX. --- IT IS EVIL INCARNATE. Thank you. Goodnight.
    DJNight likes this.
    12-22-2013 09:45 PM
    Anybody using the Trident Aegis case? Are there any holsters that work with this case (maybe the Seidio Dilex holster)? I know Trident makes the Kraken case that includes their version of a holster, but it doesn't do anything to protect the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-22-2013 09:48 PM
    Bump. Got a hybrid case with kickstand. A kinda generic one, but it's not bad and adds decent protection.

Posted Via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    12-29-2013 04:02 PM
    I wanted a little extra protection but also keep the thin and light feel of the Moto X so I got the Bear Motion Premium Slim back cover. Both the phone and cover arrived yesterday but so far I like the feel of it and it should be fine since this will be a second phone that I will use when I want something smaller than my Note 2.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
    sixty_four likes this.
    12-29-2013 07:36 PM
    I got the Anker case on Amazon for like $6. I love it for the slimness and the texture. It's very grippy. I do wish there was a cut out for the dimple though.

Best Moto X Cases-img_0024.jpg
    Best Moto X Cases-img_0025.jpg
    A895, fldude99 and dmark44 like this.
    12-29-2013 08:54 PM
    I received the Blue Air Jacket Grip Case for Christmas. I am disappointed by it. The polycarbonate back wraps over half of the rubbery material. So there is hardly any grip to actually make contact with. Probably should've just gotten the clear air jacket.

I'm sticking with the clear S-line Case for regular use (love the look and feel, just wish the frosted section was smaller to reveal more of the backplate color.)

Sent from my Moto X
    12-29-2013 09:38 PM
397 ... 45678 ...