Cobra Tag Bluetooth key chain $12 shipped at Groupon

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Groupon has the Cobra Tag Bluetooth key chain for $12 shipped. It is $25 at Amazon. According to the Droid Maxx/Ultra forums, these apparently make pretty good trusted Bluetooth devices. They have no mic or speaker so you don't have the issue of your calls going through a key chain (like with the Zomm) but because it acts as a wireless leash for your keys, it maintains a constant connection with your phone. I'm in for one.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's only 8.99 now.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Groupon only has free shipping on orders of $19.99 or more, so if you are only buying one, it is $12 after shipping, two would be $21 after shipping, and three would be $27 and ship for free.

sh0ebox

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Awesome... Been on the fence about picking up something to serve as a trusted bluetooth device for a bit now. Pebble watch was out of the question since I already have watches I wear daily. This will do the trick! Thanks!

Posted from my Moto X

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
So you put this on your keychain and while your phone is in range, the PIN, if set, is automatically bypassed, am I understanding this items purpose correctly? Thanx.

Posted from my N5 via the Android Central App

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
So you put this on your keychain and while your phone is in range, the PIN, if set, is automatically bypassed, am I understanding this items purpose correctly? Thanx.

Correct. It's worth noting though that that's not the exact intended use from the company... with their software it sounds an alarm when you get separated from your phone. But it's one of the cheapest ways to do the Trusted Bluetooth pin-bypass, too.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Correct. It's worth noting though that that's not the exact intended use from the company... with their software it sounds an alarm when you get separated from your phone. But it's one of the cheapest ways to do the Trusted Bluetooth pin-bypass, too.

Thanks. I'll grab one. Is there a way to get this trusted b-tooth on a Note 2 via an app, or is it only on moto devices?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I'll grab one. Is there a way to get this trusted b-tooth on a Note 2 via an app, or is it only on moto devices?

As I understand, the Moto X, Droid Maxx and Maxx Ultra, and ?? maybe mini there is an app already included. For other phones, you can use Tasker. I bought some of these Cobra tags and will try it out.

I'm new to Tasker. I just loaded it on my N5 this last week. I'm still in my learning curve. I can't get Tasker to work yet as far as bypassing my PIN when I am connected to my home wifi. I was hoping that when I am at home connected to my home wifi, my phone will remained unlocked. I have Dynamic Notifications loaded as well and the DN locksreen set, so I don't know if it is interfering with Tasker.

I will see if Tasker will keep my phone unlocked with this bluetooth tag. The only concern is when I go to my car, I'm not sure if my phone will disconnect from the tag, and then try to connect to my car bluetooth. Once disconnected, I'm curious if the tag will beep like I'm separated from my phone.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
As I understand, the Moto X, Droid Maxx and Maxx Ultra, and ?? maybe mini there is an app already included. For other phones, you can use Tasker. I bought some of these Cobra tags and will try it out.

I'm new to Tasker. I just loaded it on my N5 this last week. I'm still in my learning curve. I can't get Tasker to work yet as far as bypassing my PIN when I am connected to my home wifi. I was hoping that when I am at home connected to my home wifi, my phone will remained unlocked. I have Dynamic Notifications loaded as well and the DN locksreen set, so I don't know if it is interfering with Tasker.

I will see if Tasker will keep my phone unlocked with this bluetooth tag. The only concern is when I go to my car, I'm not sure if my phone will disconnect from the tag, and then try to connect to my car bluetooth. Once disconnected, I'm curious if the tag will beep like I'm separated from my phone.

Lol, I gave up on tasker. I got a few things to work ok, but it sure seemed like an example of severe imbalance between efforts and returns. But more power to you if you can get yourself to a good place with it!

chiefandrews

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the post. I purchased 3 and got free shipping!

I also ordered the Motorola Skip. I like the 3 dots that come along with the skip device. This video made me realize that with touchless controls will not work if you have a screen lock on. However, if you have your Moto laying on a Dot on your desk, then the touchless controls will work. Here is the video:

Bypass your Moto X's password with Motorola Skip - YouTube

gwest1000

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
bummer, groupon now says "not yet" on the button, ...which although confusing, i take to be a place holder for "not for sale", and that it's actually sold out.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
bummer, groupon now says "not yet" on the button, ...which although confusing, i take to be a place holder for "not for sale", and that it's actually sold out.
Actually, it normally says "sold out". "Not Yet" is suppose to be the place holder before a deal goes live. Maybe they're reloading stock. Well, we can hope at least. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez