When I try to save an emailed pic in the stock email, I open the pic and tap the three dots in the top RH corner and choose "Save." The .jpg filename in the top LH corner now has "Saved, 2MB" next to it so I assume it's saved. But where did it go? I checked my Gallery and it's not there. Does it get saved somewhere else? How do I find it?
    12-17-2013 03:33 PM
    I don't even get pic attachments any more since KK update. I wonder if a setting changed. I did un check the attachments over wifi option. Tried it either way. Still no bueno.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-17-2013 03:59 PM
    I don't even get pic attachments any more since KK update. I wonder if a setting changed. I did un check the attachments over wifi option. Tried it either way. Still no bueno.

Same here, no picture attachments either since KK.
    12-17-2013 04:09 PM
    When I try to save an emailed pic in the stock email, I open the pic and tap the three dots in the top RH corner and choose "Save." The .jpg filename in the top LH corner now has "Saved, 2MB" next to it so I assume it's saved. But where did it go? I checked my Gallery and it's not there. Does it get saved somewhere else? How do I find it?
    open Download app in app drawer
    12-17-2013 04:25 PM
    Thanks for the tip but it's not in the Download app either. With KK, it sounds like I should just be happy I can get the pic attachments. I ended up sharing the pic with myself via text and saving it from there. I can't stand the email app after KK update - can't save my pics and emails getting deleted from my provider's server. Ridiculous - when is this gonna be fixed???
    12-17-2013 04:37 PM
    I am having the same problem. Anyone have an answer yet?

But, what a phone. I am coming from a Rezound. What an improvement, simply amazing. Guess that is what two years will do.
    12-17-2013 10:13 PM
    Thanks for the tip but it's not in the Download app either. With KK, it sounds like I should just be happy I can get the pic attachments. I ended up sharing the pic with myself via text and saving it from there. I can't stand the email app after KK update - can't save my pics and emails getting deleted from my provider's server. Ridiculous - when is this gonna be fixed???
    Google+ photos app has all my email photos. Not sure what everyone is talking about not getting photo attachments with kk. I've had no such such issues and my organization is doing a lot of design work currently so I'm downloading several images a day.

12-17-2013 10:34 PM
    12-17-2013 10:35 PM
    Google+ photos app has all my email photos. Not sure what everyone is talking about not getting photo attachments with kk. I've had no such such issues and my organization is doing a lot of design work currently so I'm downloading several images a day.
    It's not that people aren't getting photo attachments in kk, its that there is no clear manner to direct them to be saved to gallery. I have the option to save them but there is no indication where they went. Not in Photos either.
    12-18-2013 12:53 AM
    I am on KitKat with a Verizon XT1060 Moto X.

I logged into my Outlook account and sent a JPG as an attachment to my Gmail account. On my phone, I opened the Gmail app and received the email. I clicked on the attachment. The photo opened in a photo viewer. From the menu, I selected Save.

The picture successfully saved onto my device.

To confirm, I opened the Gallery app. The picture appeared in the Download folder.
    davidnc likes this.
    12-18-2013 02:15 AM
    This wasn't for my gmail account - it was for an email account through a local phone provider set up with the stock email app on the Moto X. So it appears that it works with the gmail app but not the stock email app. Anyone figure out where the stock email app saves a jpg attachment?
    12-18-2013 01:47 PM
    When i get a pic to email after I click show attachements this is what I see(see picture)
    I click on save,it shows save to a folder (forgot the name of folder.)
    But anyhoo then I opened the Gallery app. The picture appeared in the Download folder.

sent from Moto X
    12-18-2013 02:12 PM
    Is that the stock email app? My email app doesn't look like that. I usually click on the attachment on the bottom of the email and it says "Fetching attachment". Once downloaded, I save and the screen confirms it's saved. Apparently it's saved somewhere but not to my Gallery. When I save from texts, it does go into my Gallery in the Download folder. I'm using a Moto X on Verizon.
    12-18-2013 02:36 PM
    Is that the stock email app? My email app doesn't look like that. I usually click on the attachment on the bottom of the email and it says "Fetching attachment". Once downloaded, I save and the screen confirms it's saved. Apparently it's saved somewhere but not to my Gallery. When I save from texts, it does go into my Gallery in the Download folder. I'm using a Moto X on Verizon.
    Nope missed the part about stock email, sorry.
    Its my email account using outlook express
    I used to use the stock email app(not gmail tho).
    This is K-9 mail app.
    Yup I'm on vzw with Moto X
    12-18-2013 02:43 PM
    I think I'll be switching to K9 if KK updates don't resolve these issues soon. I just don't understand how previous stock email apps worked so easily and simply before but KK still gets it wrong. Hasn't email been on smartphones for years now??? Frustrating.
    12-18-2013 02:47 PM
    I can't stand the email app after KK update - can't save my pics and emails getting deleted from my provider's server. Ridiculous - when is this gonna be fixed???
    With K-9 mail app you can go into that app settings and choose if you wanted it deleted from the server or not.
    I quit using the stock email app around when GingerBread was released I think.
    labs point likes this.
    12-18-2013 02:52 PM
    Will Google pay attention to these issues? I have a Moto X (Google owned) and I just can't find where the picture attachments go after I "save" them just like the original post in this thread. No, they are not in Gallery. No they are not in sdcard/downloads. No, they are not in Google +, and a search for it using ES File Explorer cannot find it. What is going on? This is very frustrating.
    12-23-2013 01:38 PM
    The picture ges into the goggle drive linked to your Moto G. Open the drive and wallah the picture is present there.
    Hope this helps :-)
    06-14-2014 12:11 PM
    The picture ges into the goggle drive linked to your Moto G. Open the drive and wallah the picture is present there.
    Hope this helps :-)
    Wallah, really? Is this supposed to mean voilà? I guess this is like prolly is supposed to mean probably.
    06-16-2014 01:43 PM