Best Twitter app for Moto X

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering which twitter apps people used on their Moto X. I really like Tweedle, especially since it has an AMOLED theme option, which should save battery life on the Moto X's AMOLED screen. Also like how fast and smooth the app is. I've also used Seesmic, Plume, and TweetCaster, all which have some pros and cons depending on which features are important to you.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I used Carbon before as well (the older version though) and it was still a little raw still back then. I'll have to try it again on the newer version at some point.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for Carbon...new version has all the features I want and they did a quick updqate to provide more visibility for the new font. Love the dark scheme!

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Falcon PRO by far. Tried Carbon and the reg twitter, but Falcon blows them out of the water. But........ If you can't get Falcon Carbon is the next best thing.

Optimizing my Moto X

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll try Carbon again. TweetCaster was really slow and was also eating a lot of battery and trying to access my location even though I unchecked that option.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, I spoke too soon...from the Carbon G+ site:

M.Saleh Esmaeili originally shared:
As they say, it's not what happens but how you react and handle it.
So the inevitable at Twitter API side happened to +Carbon for Android . We all knew it was going to happen, we just didn't know when.

Twitter just closed the door on Carbon using the API.

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Do any of these clients handle @replies and conversations the same way the official app does? If there's one thing I really like about the official app, it's how it handles conversations, but I couldn't find any third party clients that do it the same way.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
My earlier post re the Twitter API being closed was in reaction to Carbon not updating or posting tweets, but later saw their tweet that it was a short term issue on the twitter side:

Carbon for Android @CarbonAndroid
There was a problem on Twitter side, nothing to do with tokens or our API access. just a general outage at Twitter. Systems are all back now.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't get how some of the apps like Carbon and Falcon Pro have token limits but ones like Tweetcaster and Seesmic, which are also popular, don't have any limits...