Moto X: Poor Battery Life

Dswann3

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I must say that I've never had a phone that has had 7 hours of screen time before. Sure, the battery lasted "only" 12h 22m, but that screen-on time is IMPRESSIVE.

Yeah, the screen is pretty battery-efficient in this phone. It's the other background drains that 4.4.2 needs to address and we'll have a real winner here. We've proven the 24 hour usage time is possible with 'normal' use, but no way this phone even comes close to the 'up to' 10 day stand-by time advertised without some modifications to Kit Kat.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Isn't there an exchange server issue with Kit Kat that drains the battery that should be fixed with the next update that is coming soon?

Are any of you complaining about battery life using a corporate email with an exchange server?

nathansnyder

Nov 15, 2010
snydern.com
Isn't there an exchange server issue with Kit Kat that drains the battery that should be fixed with the next update that is coming soon?

Are any of you complaining about battery life using a corporate email with an exchange server?

Yeah, I just tested it after you posting, and that definitely seems like it fixed it! Thanks!

Last edited:

Dswann3

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Just another addition to this thread... Using a 3G/4G toggle I am able to easily switch off 4G when I'm not using it or when the signal is not ideal. Just tested it today all day at work on 3G and in situations where I was burning 3.5-4% an hour (light texting, Twitter, etc.) in the same building I'm only using 2.5% now on 3G. 3G is also only a bit slower than 4G on this phone so not really a pain to use on 3G unless I'm streaming or something like that.

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Using a 3G/4G toggle

How do you do that? I have just checked and I only have two options in Setup, "Auto" or 2G. I know there is 3G available as I had a Moto G and it worked fine on the local 3G.

I read a few of the toggle apps in the Play store and they seem to all just take the place of navigating to the place in Settings to turn stuff on or off. Since I seem to have only two options, they probably are not worth installing.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm at 11 hours on battery now. 52% left. No WiFi, all 4G (Verizon). Not doing anything special. Had 16 pics auto upload to G+ too. 3hrs 14mins screen on. About 27 mins of phone calls. I'm really liking the battery life!

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

aj888

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I just came from a note 3 battery goes on and one. 6hours plus screen time. Now it's down to 3 and a half on my moto x. Can't take it much longer.

Posted via Moto X

Dswann3

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
How do you do that? I have just checked and I only have two options in Setup, "Auto" or 2G. I know there is 3G available as I had a Moto G and it worked fine on the local 3G.

I read a few of the toggle apps in the Play store and they seem to all just take the place of navigating to the place in Settings to turn stuff on or off. Since I seem to have only two options, they probably are not worth installing.

I use this one: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff&token=CqcheFBS

Not a true toggle but still pretty quick.

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
A week or so ago, my battery all of a sudden sucked. I hardly use my phone at work so it just sits undisturbed on my desk most of the day, signal is good though, a few bars of 4G.

I noticed that I started getting low battery warnings at the end of the work day, maybe 8-9 hours off the charger, but down to 15% with almost zero use. Terrible. Used the Gsam battery app and after a few iterations, found out that the Chive app was apparently destroying the battery. I think it was searching for location all day long or something, they must have had an update that started it. Deleted it and everything is back to normal.

Yesterday I had 11 hours off the charger, light use for net searching and texting and was at 69%. Back to loving the phone again haha.

sonofevil77

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
There is a bug after updating to 4.4. Let the battery drain completely and then put it on the charger and don't touch it for 3-4 hours. I had the same issue and after the battery drain it lasts as long as it should now. I get full days once again.

EvilMotoX DE

LinusMcl

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Poor Battery Life

I had a similar problem when I first got the X battery was great on 4.2 (24 hours), when i updated to 4.4 it dropped to 18 hours even though I did a factory reset, yesterday I wiped the cache partition and I am back up to about 22 hours much improved so far

Sixiron

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I haven't done anything special, everything and all the radios are turned on with default settings (wifi/gps/bluetooth). About the only thing I changed from default was to stop active notification of email and only check every hour, its mostly spam anyway. I dont talk a lot, or text much, mostly check gmail, weather checks, and txt the wife and daughters a few times a day. The biggest change I see on this phone from my old Samsung is I can leave things like Wifi, bluetooth and gps on and they dont draw any power if there isnt an app using them. The old Samy would drain the battery dry just looking too hard at the toggles for those three.

Isaiah 43

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I average 13 to 14 hrs of use with 3.5 hours of screen time. 70 percent usage is while using wi-fi .

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274