Thinking about ordering Moto X but not sure

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X (and Droids) can do touchless controls from any part of the OS. So if you're in facebook, your browser, playing a game, whatever - "okay Google Now" works the same as if the phone is sleeping and/or on a home screen, etc. Actually touchless is the benefit, all other devices have to be either resting inside of the search app (the launcher, Google Now screen, etc) or require a button or icon to be pressed first.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The Moto X (and Droids) can do touchless controls from any part of the OS. So if you're in facebook, your browser, playing a game, whatever - "okay Google Now" works the same as if the phone is sleeping and/or on a home screen, etc. Actually touchless is the benefit, all other devices have to be either resting inside of the search app (the launcher, Google Now screen, etc) or require a button or icon to be pressed first.

Cool, thanks.

Hoff Woohoo

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Touchless control is pretty nice. It works even with the phone just sitting there idle, no need to unlock the screen or anything as long as password isn't enabled. I use the "find my phone" feature pretty often LoL Works great as long as you can narrow down the search to a couple of rooms or the car. Just say "OK Google Now --- FIND MY PHONE" and it starts pinging. I usually do it in the bedroom, car and living room and it turns up LoL! Even works when it's down in the sofa cushions or has slipped under the seats in the car.

Active notifications are also something else that I don't think I would like to live without in the future. Methinks that it helps a lot with battery life and would be super sweet for someone who uses their phone to tell the time a lot.

Being on Verizon I've long lusted for a Nexus but with the X I don't get that "I'm missing out on something" feeling anymore.

Just my 2 cents...

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
What carrier will you be switching to? The big advantage of the nexus is you can use it on Sprint and then use it on another carrier (AT&T or T-Mobile) when you switch.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Let's also not forget Motorola Connect.
You get to see incoming calls and texts on your computer and can even reply to texts.

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Can you please tell me... how's the battery life in moto X and the gaming performance..
i'm really stuck with what to buy.. N5 or Moto X

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Can you please tell me... how's the battery life in moto X and the gaming performance..

Battery life is pretty awesome on the Moto X, not as great for the Nexus. For gaming I agree with Bnjf to a point. The larger IPS display in 1080p is going to feel better for gaming, although performance is very similar in how they actually render graphics and process the information. The Nexus has a much higher theoretical processing threshold, but the Moto X processor is no slouch due to how it utilizes it's cores. For general use in just about every category except for gaming, I'd say the Moto X is a better experience, but I'm inclined to say I'd rather game on the Nexus 5 .. or do what I actually do, which is use the Nexus 7 tablet for games.

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I've finally decided to go with Moto X.. thanks for your opinions..
Just ordered it yesterday and will reach till tomorrow maybe..
Very excited for it.. but a bit tensed on how it deals with heavy games.. :)

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Battery life is excellent!!
pavety2y.jpg

Tapatalked from my MotoX Dev Edition.