What will it take for you to switch?

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Moto X off contract back in December. My upgrade is now available through Verizon. The All New HTC One comes out tomorrow, and I have been thinking is this the phone that would make me switch from my X. I have always wanted the front facing speakers and it has a micro SD slot. It will take a lot for me to switch. Have you guys seen anything coming from other company's that will make you want to switch from the X?

John Doe40

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I was also thinking about upcoming HTC One. As much as I like most of the aspects of my Moto X - its camera still sux (even after latest official 4.4.2 update) compared to many other models I've tried. Many people still can't notice that fact because they either don't know any better (they haven't used flagship devices by other companies) or they have uncalibrated displays on their PCs/laptops. I'd also like to have proper stereo speakers - the mono speaker in MotoX is decent but it obviously cannot provide any separation when playing stereo sources and still sounds "overworked" when playing at loud volumes (yea, yea, I can use headphones or Bluetooth speaker BUT I can't always carry them everywhere).

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
The only things I find weak on the Moto is lack of wireless charging, and Bluetooth (and BT is more an Android shortcoming than a Motorola one).

Coming from iPhones, I never thought I'd grow to love a plastic phone, but the solid feel and grip of my woven black backed X has changed my mind. Size, shape, and feel are just wonderful. While the One (and iPhone) are beautiful, they're not as practical in day to day use if you go caseless. And putting a case on these things is like driving your Lotus with a car cover on it.

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I was also thinking about upcoming HTC One. As much as I like most of the aspects of my Moto X - its camera still sux (even after latest official 4.4.2 update) compared to many other models I've tried. Many people still can't notice that fact because they either don't know any better (they haven't used flagship devices by other companies) or they have uncalibrated displays on their PCs/laptops. I'd also like to have proper stereo speakers - the mono speaker in MotoX is decent but it obviously cannot provide any separation when playing stereo sources and still sounds "overworked" when playing at loud volumes (yea, yea, I can use headphones or Bluetooth speaker BUT I can't always carry them everywhere).
That's the exact same thing with me. I love the phone but the camera still isn't where it should be. I always hear people say it's a smartphone not a camera. Its the only camera I have so it needs to be able to take good shots. The New One while it won't have the best camera on the market it will still probably end up being much better than the X's

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Moto X off contract back in December. My upgrade is now available through Verizon. The All New HTC One comes out tomorrow, and I have been thinking is this the phone that would make me switch from my X. I have always wanted the front facing speakers and it has a micro SD slot. It will take a lot for me to switch. Have you guys seen anything coming from other company's that will make you want to switch from the X?

So far I haven't.

Bill Hong

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I like the looks of the new HTC, and the fact that it has an SD card slot.
Based on my own past experience, I prefer the call quality of Motorola vs. HTC. I actually like the backside speaker on the X--putting ones in front will make the size more cumbersome, and my audio quality demands can only be met using earphones anyway. Sense 6.0 may not be to everyone's liking, and I know the HTC's purported aluminum slipperiness (sans case) would mean that I'd be dropping the thing on occasion.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't want nor need a phone larger than the Moto X.

I will wait on reviews by places like Anandtech. My next phone must have something like F2FS in the current Moto X and Moto G. AnandTech | Moto X Review

The Moto X uses F2FS on user data partitions, which has tremendous impacts not only on performance but device behavior over time.

I've been using my Moto X for six months and it shows no signs of slowing down like other Android phones have.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
For me to switch from my current setup of iPhone 5 and Moto X the iPhone 6 and Moto X2 must be for sale. In addition they must have screens smaller than 5", all these new phones are too big for me.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen anything yet that would make me switch. I love my Moto X. It would be nice to have stereo speakers, but then the phone would probably be larger and I wouldn't want that. It fits my hand perfectly. I will say that the new HTC Dots case intrigues me though. I like the idea of protection for screen while still being able to see data and use phone. Simple but effective solution. Can't believe no one thought of it before.

Posted via Android Central App

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Nothing yet. I bought mine start of this year. Plan to keep it at least 1 year even though eligible to upgrade in May.

Posted via Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
What will it take?

A Moto X with a better camera and even more battery life. Otherwise I think I'll keep this one for a while.

Same here. Outside of these 2 items (and actually for me, they're acceptable in their present form), there really isn't anything else the Moto X is lacking. Unless Moto develops additional innovations like X8, Active Display, Touchless Control, Quick Capture, etc. that I don't know that I want yet.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Fairly easy, a phone that run CyanogenMod or stock Android, has unlockable bootloader, and with better hardware than a Nexus (ie. camera, battery life). The reason I didn't buy the Oppo Find 7 because its gigantic, so I'm looking at the OnePlus One. HTC One M8 Google Play edition doesn't qualify, it still have goofy things like S-On, and doesn't work like a real Nexus, and overpriced.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty