How Is Performance On The Moto X?

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Over the years Android has improved dramatically when it comes to software optimization, so much so that Motorola released a dual core device in 2013.

I've never seen anyone really complain about the performance of the Moto X, especially after the Android 4.4 update but I wanted to ask you guys how is scrolling and general UI performance oh and gaming?

I myself own a Nexus 5 which is a quad core, but more cores does not always mean better performance, the quality of cores matter. But I just wanted to say that in certain apps like Facebook, Hangouts and Tapatalk my phone does lag when I scroll too fast, but there is a solution...enable ART!

Seriously any small performance issues I have on the Nexus 5 we're ironed with ART, considering that Android L will use ART as default expect to see massive performance improvements especially in apps.

But I am going a bit off topic, I just wanted to ask you guys how the Moto X performs? I'm not buying it or anything but just wanted to see how well Android is optimized now.

Oh and Moto X still holds up quite well even in 2014, I especially love the voice activation features.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Smooth as silk. Go try one. It's really the only way to truly get how good it is.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just like everyone else on the phone I'm already set, moto x equals smooth, butter, silky smooth. The user interface is beautiful. The reason why no one complains about it. This screen size is perfect. When you use it everyday over and over that's all you think about everyday answering every one of the galaxy phone nowadays and launch of the home screen application on a galaxy phone there's still the screen lag. On the Moto X, everything opens instantaneously. This is the wonderful great all-around user experience .

Posted via Android Central App

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Haha this is really everything I wanted to ask you guys, living in Pakistan it is very hard to obtain a Moto X.

How is the camera of the Moto X btw? Reviewers said that the Nexus 5 camera was lackluster but in my days of using it after the Android 4.4.2 update, photos are amazing in all conditions.

I hear the Moto X having a 10 MP camera also got quite a lot of camera improvement updates, how does the camera work now?

Moto X's screen size has really always been the sweet spot for me. 4.7 inches is really more than enough.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Haha this is really everything I wanted to ask you guys, living in Pakistan it is very hard to obtain a Moto X.

How is the camera of the Moto X btw? Reviewers said that the Nexus 5 camera was lackluster but in my days of using it after the Android 4.4.2 update, photos are amazing in all conditions.

I hear the Moto X having a 10 MP camera also got quite a lot of camera improvement updates, how does the camera work now?

Moto X's screen size has really always been the sweet spot for me. 4.7 inches is really more than enough.

I have got some excellent pictures with the Moto X and some that have been just so so. Since the 4.4.4 update the camera has improved in several areas. Overall, I am happy with the camera for what I use it for which is taking pictures of what I do for my job and of my grandkids in and outdoors. I've never had anyone say oh that's a crappy picture. I think some people expect phone cameras to be very high end in every way. I would say the Moto X camera is a 7 out of 10.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I have got some excellent pictures with the Moto X and some that have been just so so. Since the 4.4.4 update the camera has improved in several areas. Overall, I am happy with the camera for what I use it for which is taking pictures of what I do for my job and of my grandkids in and outdoors. I've never had anyone say oh that's a crappy picture. I think some people expect phone cameras to be very high end in every way. I would say the Moto X camera is a 7 out of 10.

Yeah same. I find my Nexus 5 camera pretty good despite having used 12 MP Sony sensors and even when comparing it to the iPhone 5S.

Reviewers really underestimate the camera capabilities of both the Moto X and Nexus 5 but otherwise love both devices. 😀

Here are some snaps I took with Nexus 5 bear in mind that these are highly compressed and the higher resolution version of these images are on my laptop.

veny2yqe.jpg

gebaduqa.jpg

Here's an extra photo, it's not the best and highly noisy because it was taken at Exposure EV +2 on a very very dimly lit situation. I was impressed by the fact that the Nexus 5's sensor could even see something.

ejynyjud.jpg

Btw if you are wondering what that is it was a construction site nearly 250 metres away from me and it was the only light source because I was outside on the street and it was a blackout.

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
If theres one aspect of my Moto X ive never had an issue with is performance. Everything opens and moves very quickly. Ive used phones with higher specs that were laggier. So from a performance standpoint its perfect to me. Camera is slow and doesnt take the best pictures.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Won't win any benchmarks but it's still smooth.

Specs, shmecks.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Won't win any benchmarks but it's still smooth.

Specs, shmecks.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Hahaha that's exactly what I say specs smecks honestly, the Moto X is one of the smoothest Android device that's on the market especially from Verizon... No, just imagine when I get Android 5.0 in the near future then I'll be even faster

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My son got his Nexus 5 last month and comparing the performance of the two I'd have to give a slight edge to the Nexus. They are both running ART.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The Moto X has amazing performance. It is extremely smooth.

Obviously, I completely agree. To me, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the Moto X at all. I kind of wish it was more internal storage but with 32 gigs 20 gigs usable, I can't complain too much.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Another thing I love about the Moto X is the fact that it's so stable. I have over eight hundred and sixty five hours of up time on mine right now. Haven't had to reboot for a long time. In fact, I think the last time I rebooted was because I wanted to show someone the cool boot up animation. I've never had another phone that has been this stable before.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I love about the Moto X is the fact that it's so stable. I have over eight hundred and sixty five hours of up time on mine right now. Haven't had to reboot for a long time. In fact, I think the last time I rebooted was because I wanted to show someone the cool boot up animation. I've never had another phone that has been this stable before.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

You know, even though the the Moto X never sold very well due to being a niche phone, but there's not much to dislike about it overall

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
The phone performs so well that you will never think about it. (Until you get a new phone and wonder why it's not as good as the Moto X)

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
The phone with all the bells and whistle s turned on smokes. Just look at demos on YouTube. Its quick, lasts long on the battery, can handle memory intensive games, and assists you with common tasks, etc. To me its merely a question when considering screen size....how big are you looking for....everything else is equal no matter what specs are out there.