Motorola Updates Original Moto X Boot Animation for Fall 2014

Jimmypop13

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I do not understand this and am a little worried. My Verizon moto x (2013) hasn't received it and my girlfriend's sprint moto x (2013) hasn't received it. Both of us have been a part of previous soak tests. Have any of you? What's going wrong that we haven't received this update? It's been like two weeks right? That's way past a normal week long roll out

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I do not understand this and am a little worried. My Verizon moto x (2013) hasn't received it and my girlfriend's sprint moto x (2013) hasn't received it. Both of us have been a part of previous soak tests. Have any of you? What's going wrong that we haven't received this update? It's been like two weeks right? That's way past a normal week long roll out

I'm thinking this may be a reason why as well.

Posted via Android Central App

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Seems to have been partly removed from the play store, for some reason. I reverted back to 2.0.0 hoping I could bring it back to 4.0.0 in Play Store and it wasn't there. However, I found a link to it and from my desktop I was able to have it installed on my Moto X.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.motorola.moodles&token=wyr-9H_2

EDIT: Still didn't get the new animation. But if you aren't on 4.0.0 at least this will allow you to force the upgrade.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I rolled off of the newest boot services, forces the update, rebooted, got a play store update, rebooted and still didn't get it.

It's definitely odd, but not worth wiping the device over.

Posted via Android Central App

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Seems to have been partly removed from the play store, for some reason. I reverted back to 2.0.0 hoping I could bring it back to 4.0.0 in Play Store and it wasn't there. However, I found a link to it and from my desktop I was able to have it installed on my Moto X.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.motorola.moodles&token=jLKgBqdw

EDIT: Still didn't get the new animation. But if you aren't on 4.0.0 at least this will allow you to force the upgrade.
Thanks to this link I was able to get the update to Boot Services but I didn't get the new animation. Pity but oh well.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to this link I was able to get the update to Boot Services but I didn't get the new animation. Pity but oh well.

Yeah, would have been neat but I found a video of it, watched it once, and moved on. :)

I love that Motorola is being quirky about startup animations. I enjoy a company whose people have a sense of fun. It's one of the cool things that keeps me on my Moto X (that and the "twist and shoot" camera).

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Well it seems to be gone now. It was rather dumb anyway.

Last year the Christmas animation was pretty cool. That's what I'm waiting for.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Wierd. If everyone didn't get the different boot animation then it seems like a pretty sloppily done rollout for sure...