Moto X wouldn't boot right for over two days

ProParkour

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I was charging my X but when it hit 60% it shut off. It would not respond to anything I did. I held the power button, the power and volume down. I even tried power and volume up. Letting it sit for hours on a wall outlet did nothing, same with being plugged into the computer. So I took it to the local Verizon store and had a rep take a look at it. She tried plugging it into everything including a portable Motorola battery. Nothing happened for her either. She ordered a warranty replacement for me and told me it will be here on Monday and that I'll have to send in the old one within 5 days. Fast forward to today and my phone randomly turned back on, albeit with horrible battery life and random shut downs.

My question for you guys is do you think Motorola will say there was nothing wrong with my device when they receive the old one?

Posted via the Android Central App

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Why would Motorola take that stance? You are their customer with a valid complaint, and your complaint was verified by Verizon.

They won't.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) It's an intermittent problem. It's still covered under the warranty if they can't reproduce it. The incompetence of Motorola technicians doesn't void the warranty.

2) Make sure you back up everything now that it's working (if you don't always keep your phone backed up).

ProParkour

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
1) It's an intermittent problem. It's still covered under the warranty if they can't reproduce it. The incompetence of Motorola technicians doesn't void the warranty.

2) Make sure you back up everything now that it's working (if you don't always keep your phone backed up).
Luckily I already had everything back up but I did another just in case.

Why would Motorola take that stance? You are their customer with a valid complaint, and your complaint was verified by Verizon.

They won't.
That is what I was thinking but this is my first ever warranty replacement so I wasn't sure. Thanks guys

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty