How ca I get my Moto X to be the WAN for router?

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Help getting Moto X to be the WAN for router

Hey all,

I recently bought an Asus RT-AC66U router because several places mentioned that it could use your Android phone as a USB modem. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work.

Here's what I have: Asus RT-AC66U router updated to the latest firmware, 3.0.0.4.376.3754.
Verizon Moto X, 4.4.4, stock, rooted and unlocked. Running Xposed for a couple things.

When I plug the phone into the router, the router will correctly see my phone and list it as a USB Modem device, however it always says that the connection to the internet is Disconnected. I have verified that USB tethering is checked in the Moto X's settings menu, but that doesn't seem to help.

In the USB WAN settings page I have changed the dial number from #777 to others, and that doesn't seem to do anything. I have tried adding in a username and password of ###@vzw4g.com, vzw, and that didn't work either.

I have also tried turning dual WAN on with the USB as primary and WAN as secondary (I currently have a phone hooked to a computer using ICS to provide internet to the router... but I want to remove the laptop from the equation), and that didn't seem to help.

I would appreciate any help on this matter!

Thank you for your time,
hbar98

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87