Attachments

• 26747.jpg
    26747.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 353

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X (1st gen): Lollipop News

So the update that I got to install is a Motorola bug fixer and NOT lollipop? If that's the case does anyone know if it will brick a rooted dev edition on 4.4.4?

RolandStone

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Given the horrible nightmare of my Nexus 7 on Lollipop, where I had to root just to revert to KitKat, I am more than happy to stay with KitKat on my Moto X 2013.

Anonne

May 3, 2012
Visit site

So - How do you like Lollipop so far?

On my Nexus 7 it's fine. I'm just curious about how it will work on this X. I'm a little tired of waiting. I am afraid that it's going to go the way of the old droids and not get updated at all. I have a droid that is forever sitting on jelly bean.

Posted via the Android Central App

Pierce09

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how much longer it'll be until it reaches the US. Good news that it's hitting more markets though. That's always a good sign.

Posted via Moto X using the Android Central App

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

On my Nexus 7 it's fine. I'm just curious about how it will work on this X. I'm a little tired of waiting. I am afraid that it's going to go the way of the old droids and not get updated at all. I have a droid that is forever sitting on jelly bean.

Posted via the Android Central App
Every phone will end up forever sitting on something. We will get lp, it's just been an extremely drawn out, delay ridden drama fest

Galaxy S6

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

Just pray it is not something that does not work as well as what you have now.
I will not pray for smartphone software to function in a certain way. It doesn't mean THAT much. Either way, lollipop is tons of fun and looks gorgeous and is also a well deserved departure from the 4.x look of android

Galaxy S6

wplust

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

I will not pray for smartphone software to function in a certain way. It doesn't mean THAT much. Either way, lollipop is tons of fun and looks gorgeous and is also a well deserved departure from the 4.x look of android

Galaxy S6

Lol, didn't mean it literally. Glad you like lp. Look forward to seeing how it works when the official version comes to my phone.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys, on your moto x, when you use a voice recorder app, is the volume of the sound extremely low compared to other devices?

I just got my moto x recently and this is bugging me, is it a software or hardware issue? if it is a hardware issue should i return the phone as it may affect the quality of my phone calls too?(haven't made a phone call yet, getting my nano SIM soon) if it's a software issue do you guys think they will fix it in the lollipop update?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/ETpoNrkmmrA

I wanted to give a quick update on where we are with the Lollipop upgrades for the 2013 Moto X (1st Gen) devices.

We have started full soak testing in France and Germany retail this week with the expectation of full deployment next week if all goes well.

In addition, we have addressed an issue we found in a previous soak test and should start full soak testing in the US and Brazil for retail later this week. If all goes well, full deployment can happen the following week.

There were some questions about support for Lollipop upgrades from our carrier channels. We are in a number of the carrier labs now so we don't anticipate issues in getting the upgrades deployed. As you guys know.... the carrier channels typically take longer.

wplust

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I am in US. I can't find a Motorola Update Services app on phone or play store. I have 1st gen Verizon Moto X DE XT1060.

Edit: I found it under my apps > all . Silly me. I thought I would find it if I used search or if I looked in installed apps. Weird. Still getting used to this Android thing.

Last edited:

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Do you think the Droid Maxx will get it soon? It's basically the same exact phone except for screen and battery size.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty