My Moto X 2013 has started lagging a lot these last few days. Could I have a virus?

Trudy Dsouza

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
My moto X 2013 has started lagging alot these last few days.

The camera also starts automatically. Is this a bug or virus. Does anybody else have this problem?

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: My moto X 2013 has started lagging alot these last few days.

If you haven't tried power off and restart, might see if that helps. If you've updated anything recently, lag might be caused by some ill behaved software. As for the camera app starting, does this happen with the phone sitting still? If no, maybe some motion is triggering the "quick capture" feature. If yes (happens when phone is sitting still), it could be a "motion" sensor going bad, picking up spurious input and seeing it as the quick capture camera launch motion.

Either way, try this - with camera app running, swipe from left edge to access settings, then rotate the settings ring "up" to access the quick capture toggle. Try turning off quick capture. If the feature is currently enabled, switching it off might stop the unexpected camera app launch.

Hope this helps. :)

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

I agree with bc2k, the lag you're experiencing is probably being caused by a bad application. I recently had to uninstall Facebook Messenger because even when I was not using the app, and force closed the app, it would run in the background and cause my phone to lag, and would drain the battery. I read the reviews on the play store, and it looks like a lot of users, especially Moto X users (you can choose to only see app reviews from users with the same phone as you) have been having trouble with lag and battery drain. I just use Facebook in the browser and don't have any of their apps installed.

You can go to Settings>Apps the swipe to the left to see currently running apps. You can also go to Settings>Battery to see if any apps have been causing excessive battery drain, if they are using a lot of power chances are they could be slowing down your phone.

As the for the camera starting automatically, I'd try what bc2k mentioned and turn off the twist to open functionality. See if that helps, it may be a problem with your motion sensors or with the software.

I seriously doubt you have a virus. More likely a bug or a badly coded application.

Trudy Dsouza

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

Thank you guys. I've factory reset my phone. I'll just wait and watch now. So far. So good

Posted via the Android Central App