Can I install a non-native font without rooting? Why is it so difficult?

A

AC Question

I use my native language Gujarati a lot in India on my Moto X. I don't understand why Google has designed Android to be so difficult when installing fonts? Why can't it be as simple as installing fonts on your laptop? Today, I have to be able to root my device to do that, or be satisfied with Gujarati Apps that take Gujarati text (copy-paste job) and convert it properly for me to be able to read. So irritating! Installing keyboards and displaying different fonts should be as easy as on your PC. Is there a simple way of doing this that I don't know about? Any help highly appreciated.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Sadly not, you more or less answered your own question - I haven't found an easy way of doing it yet without rooting the device. At least the Moto X phone will be easier to root.

pkapadia

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Is there an easy, safe way of rooting Moto X? I am using 1st Gen, updated to android 5.1. When you search for such procedures, it seems each procedure is very specific to the phone and OS version. Obviously, this scares the bazooka out of layman like me!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey, welcome to AC and thanks for registering. Have a look at Android Central's root section - Rooting your Android | Android Central

I'm not big on rooting, I tried it once on my S4 and broke it so I tend to stay away from it. Have a look on YouTube, hopefully someone has done a tutorial video on "how to"

all the best :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty