Why is it so difficult to set up a new Android device.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
You've had a yr to work and save money.

If I need all the bloatware.
I'm gonna be unhappy for as long as I have the phone.
If the deal is they will give me the phone cheaper.
I have been that route..

If I can't get a unlock phone.
I will not upgrade.

Tired of the BS from the carriers

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So tell me.
You bought a carrier phone.

Take something like the Microsoft square.

Drag all the bloatware you can't delete into it.

Now you can forget about it.

They need to STOP
Making carrier phones.

All the carriers are doing is screwing the customers.

Only buy a unlocked phone.

I did, this time around. But I've also bought unlocked phones in the past, and enjoyed the experience.

But even unlocked phones get some kind of bloat from your carrier. My carrier, Rogers, still added a few carrier-specific apps to my Honor 8 and Google Pixel 2.

It's only a slight annoyance, but it's all good otherwise. :)

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm not in a face mask and gloves anymore, but the On-body has never, ever worked for me! Ever. Smart Lock as a whole is the biggest annoyance I've had with Android. And I can override most everything now since I bought a factory unlocked Note 9 a couple months before the 10 came out. Nova Launcher, PD MDM and backing everything up is the closest I can get to root without the root. But by god, I wish they'd find a way to fix the da**ed Smart Lock. And it's not like my phone doesn't know where it is! It does. It just doesn't care.

I've come to the conclusion that using the power button to lock overrides Smart Lock. It's either that or because being in a sitting position with device in pocket is the same as laying face down on a table. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MsBlingberry

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Thankfully, over here in Nigeria, we buy phones unlocked so no hassles with carriers lol. I'm surprised it takes so long to do something as basic as setting up a new phone. I always use Samsung switch and in no time it feels like my old phone because everything transferred so seamlessly and fast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasia40