Moto X 2014 Why Moto, Why?

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why Moto, Why?

Returning my moto x to wait and see. I requested a return and they send me a label etc to ship it back. I hit 14 days tomorrow.
Moto has the best return policy in the business.
Had the Droid X, it would still be in service, maybe....my son left it's smashed hulk in Brazil.
Having left Verizon doesn't mean I still don't want a great phone. Moto has that capability and more.
That is what is so frustrating.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

The Droid line is obviously geek driven whereas the Moto line is geared toward mass popularity.

If this was true the Moto line would have a big advertising and in-store sales push, while the Droid line was off in the store corner for only the in-know geeks to discover. At least for Big Red, reality is exactly the opposite.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I have at&t so have never really had the option for one of the Droids, but until the Moto X came along last year, I almost jumped ship to Verizon just for that reason. The Droid Turbo does look great, but it doesn't make me want one over the Moto X, which fits my needs perfectly. I admit I like having a phone almost no one else has (unlike an iPhone, which everybody and their grandmother has right now), but that's not a good thing from Motorola's point of view.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I have at&t so have never really had the option for one of the Droids, but until the Moto X came along last year, I almost jumped ship to Verizon just for that reason. The Droid Turbo does look great, but it doesn't make me want one over the Moto X, which fits my needs perfectly. I admit I like having a phone almost no one else has (unlike an iPhone, which everybody and their grandmother has right now), but that's not a good thing from Motorola's point of view.

I am amazed at all the iPhone's. Since I am using iMessage it is amazing how many iMessages versus text I am using which means it is going to iPhone. Also the audio and video clips which came with iOS 8 are pretty cool. Would love to have an unlocked gsm turbo or even a 64 GB moto x!

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

..The Droid Turbo does look great, but it doesn't make me want one over the Moto X, which fits my needs perfectly....
Hey, that's fine, the Moto X is a great phone. I'm not bashing it. Sorry if it seems like I am. Just saying the Moto X would still be a great phone with Droid Turbo innards, Qi.
Don't know the size of the Droid. If it's any bigger than the X well.....it would be a no go for me, no matter the specs.
At a guess, it's the same size.
Whatever, won't get one. :cool:
EDIT: saw some numbers that imply it's almost 5.7" long...that's not for me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89