Screen protection?

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
My understanding due to the glass curve there is not a tempered glass SP that is "great" or "perfect". Sadly. I hope we see one from MIME soon.

Tempered glass is definitely my preference. I'm using one now I got off Amazon, and the fit is definitely off around the edges. I'm not holding out hope for "perfect," but I keep hoping somebody somewhere will come up with one that is "great."

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I went through 2 Skinomi screen protectors, one on my original X and 2nd on my replacement X; also ordered one for my fiancee. Worst screen protector ever, the holes don't even match up!

Loc Huynh

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
honestly imo unless you're super picky all screen protectors are pretty similar.

the installation is VERY important. I tried zagg, ghost armor, skinomi, all kinds of brands that I installed myself and none were very good.

Now...I just go to the ghost armor stand at the mall and they install it and it always comes out flawless. For my surface pro the people at the microsoft store installed the screen protector that they sell at the store (apparently it gets horrible reviews online) and it's also flawless.

Installation is VERY important, more so than the "quality" of the piece of "film".
At the end of the day a screen protector is a screen protector, sure some are better than others but probably not by much.

savini72

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
i have the Xtreme guard wet apply on my X and it actually fits very well. it fits tight around the edges and hasn't lifted at all, even when i put on my Hula bumper. no bubble, no lifting, no worries!