How are your wood backs a a year later?

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm interested in putting the ebony wood back on the new Moto pure when it's released cause it just looks so clean but I'm just curious as to how your guys have aged held up over time. Thanks!

Last edited:

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
How have your wood backs aged?

I'm interested in putting the ebony wood back on the new Moto pure when it's released cause it just looks so clean but I'm just curious as to how the wood backs on your old Moto X devices have aged and held up over time. Thanks!

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto pure wood backs

I keep a case on mine during the week because of my job, but take it off on Friday night and leave it off for the weekend. I got my original moto X about a month after it launched. My back still looks excellent.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Moto X with bamboo back since November 2014. It was slightly lifting on one corner straight out of the box. 9 months later and its still exactly the same. The lifting corner hasn't got any worse, and the rest of it is like new. So yeah, apart from the common lifting issue, its aged fine

Posted via the Android Central App

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

The bamboo back on my 2014 X doesn't have a scratch. And I don't use cases except for rare occasions. It looks classy and gets compliments to this day. So I am going to get that for the XPE as well.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

You guys like living on the edge (Samsung wishes you would buy an Edge) not having a case. I plan on getting the 64GB plain black grippy one. If that is the basic cover. Putting a case on mine.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I use a case too because of my 2 year old and resale value. I'll still grab the charcoal ash though I think.

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Ooh Ok that's what I was wondering what kind of case you use during the week? Would having a black silicone or TPU case start to rub off onto the wood after constant use? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but it seems like it could be possible

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Ooh Ok that's what I was wondering what kind of case you use during the week? Would having a black silicone or TPU case start to rub off onto the wood after constant use? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but it seems like it could be possible

I use this case as it lets the back show through & it is super protective without being bulky. My phone has survived many drops and being in my pocket with screwdriver bits, pocket knives and anything else you can think of that should have scratched it up all to heck, but nothing has affected it. I also use a screen protector with the case.

Moto X Phone Case, SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Series Premium Hybrid Protective Bumper Case for Motorola Moto X Phone, Frost Clear/Black [Free HD Clear Screen Protector, Bubble Free Installation Instruction Included] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E8GQHM...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4640275

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

I ordered my 2014 X (which my wife is now using) with the walnut back. It still looks fantastic. No scratches or easily visible scuffs/blemishes. If you look VERY closely in the right lighting, you can tell it's not a brand new phone. The only "case" that's ever been on it is the OEM Hula Bumper, and that's mainly to provide more of a lip to grab onto -- since the edges are so tapered.

I am tempted to go with one of the leather options this time around, but I will probably end up ordering walnut again.

ddorbuck

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, i purchased a used 2014 moto x with the bamboo back from a ebay seller. The back is in perfect condition. I do not see any lifting up in the corners that others have experienced. I have always used a case on mine.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I want the Charcoal Ash back on the style. Just the fact I work in a dirty/oily environment is making me think twice about wood.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

CF-105

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine is peeling from 3 corners now, but otherwise its in great shape. I ordered mine on the release day, and while I did use a case for a while, I find it completely ruins the feel of the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Moto wood backs stand the test of time???

I'm looking to order my new Moto with a wooden back and was just wondering if they hold up well over time and if the corners lifting is a common thing I should worry about? Thanks

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The phone is beautiful and if I buy a wooden back putting a case on it will just destroy the phone.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

My case has a clear back. I keep it on during the week because of my job. I take it off on the weekend unless I'm doing crazy stuff. My back still looks perfect after 2 years.