07-28-2015 08:56 AM
29 12
tools
    I hate to say it, but I really wish Motorola would take a page out of Apple's (and now Samsung's?) book. Release two screen sizes for the Moto X 2015, something like 5.5 and 5", with identical hardware and slightly different battery sizes.

I'm still loving my 4.7" Moto X first generation, and although I want a new phone, I can't see wanting something bigger than 5". If they keep screen size at 5.2" and increase battery, I guess I will make do with that. Anything bigger, and I guess I won't be upgrading any time soon.

The "Mini" phones (Samsung S4/S5 Mini, Droid Mini, HTC One Mini, etc) probably don't sell a lot because the hardware is also mini. When will we have more flagship phones with two screen sizes?
    I definitely feel for the 4.7" crowd with such limited high end choices. Personally, I prefer the 5.2" - 5.7" range, but it's obvious so many people share your opinion.

Unfortunately, even if every manufacturer adapts Apple's two size strategy, I don't see anything less than 5" as one of those options. The one silver lining for you would be the overall form factor getting smaller, so even a device with a 5.2" display can have the same, or similar dimensions as the iPhone 6 or 2013 Moto X.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-27-2015 10:11 PM
    I've sent from the Droid to Droid X to Motorola Droid Maxx then to the LG G3 and never have I wanted to upgrade in less then a year. With the Motorola devices, I had them for 2+ years before upgrading.
    07-27-2015 10:11 PM
    I've sent from the Droid to Droid X to Motorola Droid Maxx then to the LG G3 and never have I wanted to upgrade in less then a year. With the Motorola devices, I had them for 2+ years before upgrading.
    Especially now, with annual flagship upgrades becoming far less noticeable, I don't see the need to get a new phone at least for 24 months. I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone for whatever their preference is, that's just my personal opinion. I'm in the market for both personal and business phones, and excluding some ground breaking feature, I intend to get 30-36 months minimum out of em. This is why battery size, especially on a sealed device, is so important to me.

I allocate x amount of dollars per year to be used on electronics, and I just don't see the need to put that money towards 2 new phones every year. I've upgraded my PS3 to PS4 and MacBook 2010 to Dell XPS in the past 5 months as a result of holding onto my Nexus 4 and S4 a few extra months. Glad I was patient, especially since the Fall 2015 lineup looks extremely promising .... certainly in comparison to the first half of the year.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-27-2015 10:23 PM
    I really like my 2013 Moto-X and have waiting to see the new 2015. If its goes over 5+, I will probably head to Iphone 6 (4.7). My wife has the Iphone6+ and it is really a nice device. I prefer the smaller phone. I really like the finger print scanner and apple pay is awesome. I prefer android, I will only go with Moto, love the features and little stuff they add to stock Android. I just do not like Samsung, every time I try one of the phones I just do not like it how it runs and the OS feels. I have looked at others LG and such but none compare to my Moto X
    07-28-2015 08:56 AM
29 12