Who else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Its larger than the note 4 and has a smaller screen, even though it has on screen buttons. I'm excited to see the entire device and specs but am fully expecting compromises.

It has the same size screen, is narrower, and is only .1mm taller, yet has stereo front-facing speakers. Doesn't seem like much of a compromise.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks 'happyasian' for the clarification. Going to be interested for sure. It's going to be tough for me to balance buying a phone of that size at full price vs. the potential benefits of the cheaper (used) note 4 or cheaper (new or used) nexus 6 both of which I've had/have and was/am impressed with.

Well, knowing myself I'll order it for sure (which should make 15? phones for me in the past 12 months). The question will be whether I'll keep it :)

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say it, but I really wish Motorola would take a page out of Apple's (and now Samsung's?) book. Release two screen sizes for the Moto X 2015, something like 5.5 and 5", with identical hardware and slightly different battery sizes.

I'm still loving my 4.7" Moto X first generation, and although I want a new phone, I can't see wanting something bigger than 5". If they keep screen size at 5.2" and increase battery, I guess I will make do with that. Anything bigger, and I guess I won't be upgrading any time soon.

The "Mini" phones (Samsung S4/S5 Mini, Droid Mini, HTC One Mini, etc) probably don't sell a lot because the hardware is also mini. When will we have more flagship phones with two screen sizes?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks 'happyasian' for the clarification. Going to be interested for sure. It's going to be tough for me to balance buying a phone of that size at full price vs. the potential benefits of the cheaper (used) note 4 or cheaper (new or used) nexus 6 both of which I've had/have and was/am impressed with.

Well, knowing myself I'll order it for sure (which should make 15? phones for me in the past 12 months). The question will be whether I'll keep it :)

just curious, why 15 phones in 12 months? even if I had every phone made at my disposal, I couldn't imagine using a new phone about every 3 weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I hate to say it, but I really wish Motorola would take a page out of Apple's (and now Samsung's?) book. Release two screen sizes for the Moto X 2015, something like 5.5 and 5", with identical hardware and slightly different battery sizes.

I'm still loving my 4.7" Moto X first generation, and although I want a new phone, I can't see wanting something bigger than 5". If they keep screen size at 5.2" and increase battery, I guess I will make do with that. Anything bigger, and I guess I won't be upgrading any time soon.

The "Mini" phones (Samsung S4/S5 Mini, Droid Mini, HTC One Mini, etc) probably don't sell a lot because the hardware is also mini. When will we have more flagship phones with two screen sizes?

I definitely feel for the 4.7" crowd with such limited high end choices. Personally, I prefer the 5.2" - 5.7" range, but it's obvious so many people share your opinion.

Unfortunately, even if every manufacturer adapts Apple's two size strategy, I don't see anything less than 5" as one of those options. The one silver lining for you would be the overall form factor getting smaller, so even a device with a 5.2" display can have the same, or similar dimensions as the iPhone 6 or 2013 Moto X.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've sent from the Droid to Droid X to Motorola Droid Maxx then to the LG G3 and never have I wanted to upgrade in less then a year. With the Motorola devices, I had them for 2+ years before upgrading.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I've sent from the Droid to Droid X to Motorola Droid Maxx then to the LG G3 and never have I wanted to upgrade in less then a year. With the Motorola devices, I had them for 2+ years before upgrading.

Especially now, with annual flagship upgrades becoming far less noticeable, I don't see the need to get a new phone at least for 24 months. I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone for whatever their preference is, that's just my personal opinion. I'm in the market for both personal and business phones, and excluding some ground breaking feature, I intend to get 30-36 months minimum out of em. This is why battery size, especially on a sealed device, is so important to me.

I allocate x amount of dollars per year to be used on electronics, and I just don't see the need to put that money towards 2 new phones every year. I've upgraded my PS3 to PS4 and MacBook 2010 to Dell XPS in the past 5 months as a result of holding onto my Nexus 4 and S4 a few extra months. Glad I was patient, especially since the Fall 2015 lineup looks extremely promising .... certainly in comparison to the first half of the year.

Lo742

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I really like my 2013 Moto-X and have waiting to see the new 2015. If its goes over 5+, I will probably head to Iphone 6 (4.7). My wife has the Iphone6+ and it is really a nice device. I prefer the smaller phone. I really like the finger print scanner and apple pay is awesome. I prefer android, I will only go with Moto, love the features and little stuff they add to stock Android. I just do not like Samsung, every time I try one of the phones I just do not like it how it runs and the OS feels. I have looked at others LG and such but none compare to my Moto X :)

Status
Not open for further replies.